Lakeshore Learning Store
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Manager for Outside Sales - Southeastern Pennsylvania
at Lakeshore Learning Store
Job Reference #: 3068
Territory Manager for Outside Sales – Southeastern Pennsylvania Territory
Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the most innovative manufacturers of educational materials in the country. Specializing in top-quality products for the home and classroom, we are a thriving multichannel organization with a robust web business, multiple catalogs for early learning and elementary programs, 60 store locations, plus a sales force that is second to none. Thanks to the daily contributions of the amazing people who make up our team, Lakeshore has experienced continuous growth since the day it was founded in 1954.
The stars are in alignment. Make your move.
The federal government may fill the airwaves, but it is state legislatures that are making the real noise. From east to west, states are filling education coffers with billions upon billions of dollars. For a company like Lakeshore, this is great news—and for a strategic thinker with outstanding people skills, it could be the opportunity that makes a career. As regional manager for Lakeshore, you will represent one of the strongest brands in the education industry (with a devoted customer base and 65 years of uninterrupted growth to prove it). Privately owned and family-run, we provide early learning and elementary programs with in-demand products and services that can’t be found anywhere else. And on top of a super-competitive base salary, there’s no cap on commissions at Lakeshore. We also support you with an inside sales team that knows your territory inside and out. Lakeshore is great products, great support, great customers, and great people…like you! What more could you ask for?
Life out in the field looks like this.
- Securing new and repeat business by building strong relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Visiting schools and childcare centers on a regular basis to assess emerging and ongoing needs
- Pursuing relationships with city, county and state government officials, university administrators, and community-based organizations to support cutting-edge learning environments for children
- Hosting product presentations and events designed to familiarize customers with proprietary services (Complete Classrooms®, professional development, conference support, etc.)
- Working with your Regional Vice President to form and modify sales strategies
- Working with your inside sales team and marketing group to fine-tune messaging and collateral materials to support your markets
- Partnering with sales, retail, and our professional services group to support the needs of local educators
- Maintaining an ongoing awareness of local, state and national trends and funding opportunities in early learning and elementary education
- Participating in local, state, and national conferences to promote the Lakeshore brand
These are the skills and background we’re looking for.
- 5+ years of successful sales experience and proven entrepreneurial know-how
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Solid presentation skills and ability to speak to customer needs at all levels (teachers, administrators, directors, and other officials)
- Strong work ethic, team player mentality, and ability to perform outstanding work from home
- Candidates should reside in the Philadelphia area and have the ability to travel as needed within the territory with occasional overnight stays
- Background in early learning and elementary education a plus, but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Salesforce
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
And here’s our end of the bargain.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience, plus no cap on commissions
- Excellent medical/dental and vision coverage—EPO, PPO and HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution (because you will retire someday)
- Flexible benefits—choose what you like, ignore the rest
- Generous employee discount on products that make you smarter
To apply, please complete an online application at: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=LAKESHORE&cws=41&rid=3068
To learn more about Lakeshore, visit http://www.lakeshorelearning.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
People are selected to become members of the Lakeshore family based on skill, merit, and mind-boggling talent—not based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, domestic partnership status, military status, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage, AIDS or AIDS-related complex status, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim of domestic violence, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If things aren’t equal, we all lose.
To apply for an additional position, click the "Add to My Jobs" button below.