Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community & Base Relations Officer
at Kirtland Federal Credit Union
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it’s a career! We pride ourselves on helping our employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits package and an energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic benefits.
We are currently seeking a Community & Base Relations Officer to join Kirtland Federal Credit Union.
Community & Base Relations Officer Position Overview: The primary function of the community & base relations officer is to cultivate relationships within Kirtland Air Force Base, as well as, the direct community we serve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for executing effective business and membership development programs on Kirtland Air Force Base and within the community Kirtland Federal Credit Union does business.
- Continually develops relationships with units, commands, and groups on Kirtland Air Force Base, as well as, current members, charities and special groups throughout our market area.
- Enhances and maintains the Credit Union's professional image, recruiting new member companies, and maximizing our Field-of-Membership (FOM) participation, becoming an expert on NCUA rules concerning fields of membership and charter options.
- Gathers information on prospective member companies. Targets new partners/ groups/ companies to build new relationships in order to expand the credit union brand and provide growth opportunities for the credit union.
- Cultivates relationships with key personnel at existing Select Employer Groups (SEGs) to maintain KFCU’s position as a benefit to the company employees.
- Analyzes individual SEGs, programs, and/or event needs, develops sales strategies and programs to meet those needs and tracks and reports results.
- Must be able to execute and deliver KFCU presentations on various financial subject matters to stir up interest in credit union products and services to large groups of people and work with additional subject matter experts on seminars and financial education initiatives.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with Credit Union personnel and management in support of respective department loan, deposit and growth goals.
- Represent KFCU at various events including Select Employer Group (SEG) functions and performing public relations at civic and community events when necessary, including charitable/philanthropic initiatives.
- Assists in developing the annual Community Relations plan and budget. Actively work daily in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook to produce high-end communication, presentations, reports and project plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or a related field preferred
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience in community relations, public relations, sales, marketing, communications or related fields
- Working knowledge of Kirtland Air Force Base and an understanding of its mission, wings, squadrons, departments, contractors, and hierarchy is highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of the Air force, other military services or similar organizations highly preferred
- Knowledge of Credit Union/financial industry principles and practices preferred
- Must possess confidence, charisma, determination, and a positive attitude
- Must be able to maintain a strong relationship with business partners, select employer groups, contacts on Kirtland Air Force Base, members and credit union employees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organized, self-motivated, able to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and follow-through skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary to complete projects during non-banking hours. Must have a flexible schedule to include late evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to attend networking events, seminars, workshops and special events.