Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workforce Development Board - Business Representative Board Member
at Pinal County
Job Status: Internship,Volunteer
Job Reference #: 2580828
Overall Job Objective
- Applicant Notices:
- This is an opportunity to serve on The Pinal County Workforce Development Board.
- To learn more about this employment opportunity with the Pinal County Workforce Development Board, please visit our website to apply.
- Example of Duties
The Local Workforce Development Board focuses on a business-driven model for the creation, delivery and oversight of workforce development initiatives and services that benefit the employers and job seekers of Pinal County. The Board will direct collaborative efforts, led by business representatives, in cooperation with the community representatives from the workforce system, education and economic development groups in an effort to create a rich environment for economic prosperity and growth for employers and their employees in the community.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Regularly attend Board and Committee meetings.
- Actively participate in full Board meetings and any committees to which you are appointed.
- Be prepared for board meetings by staying informed about Board matters and reviewing materials sent in advance of the meeting.
- Take advantage of opportunities to become more educated about the Pinal County Local Workforce Development Board and the multitude of services offered by ARIZONA@WORK.
- Foster a positive working relationship with all Board Members.
- Act as an Ambassador of the Board when participating in business networking functions and community events.
- Notify the Board Chair, or Board Staff if you are unable to attend meetings.
- Be aware of and abstain from any conflicts of interest.
- Help identify and recruit additional Board members.
- Minimum Requirements
- Required Qualifications:
- Be an owner, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, or other individual with optimum policymaking or hiring authority.
- Provide high-quality, work-relevant training and development opportunities to its workforce or the workforce of others.
- Be an owner, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, or other individual within one of Pinal County's six targeted industries: Advanced Manufacturing, Healthcare, Tourism, Transportation and Logistics, Natural and Renewable Resources, Aerospace and Defense.
- Supplemental Information
- Time Requirements:
- 15-20 hours per month.
- The Board meets every two months with meetings lasting 2-3 hours.
- Committees meet monthly with meetings lasting approximately 2 hours.
- Occasional conference calls as needed.
- May occasionally serve on other ad hoc groups or planning meetings as needed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!