Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Manager- Kearny Mesa Chevrolet
AUTOMOTIVE SALES MANAGER
Kearny Mesa Chevrolet is looking to hire a Sales Manager responsible for displaying and maintaining new and used vehicle inventory. Managers also ensure customer retention by hiring, training and evaluating their sales staff to be customer focused. Additionally, Sales Managers strive to have their sales team meet daily, weekly and monthly to set vehicle sales quotas to ensure profitability. Sales managers are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Forecasting goals and objectives for gross and net sales and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis and preparing an operating budget for the department.
- Hiring, training, motivating, counseling and monitoring the performance of all new/used-vehicle sales employees as well as processing commission sheets and monitoring payroll.
- Understanding, keeping abreast of and complying with federal, state and local regulations that affect new/used-vehicle sales.
- Assisting individual sales professionals in setting aggressive yet realistic monthly goals and assisting on sales and closing deals, as well as approving all deals made.
- Tracking all customers and making sure all leads are logged.
- Providing effective communication throughout the new/used vehicle department as well as inter-departmentally.
- Monitoring customer satisfaction ratings for the department and ensuring proper follow-up for all potential buyers by developing, implementing and monitoring a prospecting and sales control system.
- Reviewing inventory daily to ensure the proper mix of stock for maximum turnover efficiency.
- Recommending specific new/used-car inventory needs by color, model and equipment based on customer and market analyses.
- Directing merchandising and advertising efforts for the new/used-vehicle department.
- Customer service, management, and automotive experience is required
- Vehicle sales managers should have two years of experience in automotive sales with a proven ability to sell a minimum quota set by dealership management.
- Additionally, the ability to manage and motivate salespeople is necessary.
- Managers are required to maintain the profitability of their department while controlling expenses and retaining customer satisfaction.
- Managers are required to not only understand and keep abreast of the federal, state, and local regulations that affect their operations, but must also comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know and provide necessary training on these regulations as well as ethical practices.
- Management personnel require strong communication skills to deal with customers, employees and vendors.
- A valid state sales and driver’s license is required.
Sunroad Automotive is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug-free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.