Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parts Wholesale Salesperson- Jimmy Johnson
The Parts Counter Person assists all customers (wholesale and retail) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Answers customer phone calls, provides price quotes, looks up parts to fill customer request.
- Receives orders and estimates by email or fax, assures the parts that are ordered are correct and fills order per customer request. Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensures that the customer is exposed to all OEM options.
- Fills orders from stock, notifies customer of out-of-stock parts that need immediate attention. Locates out-of-stock parts from outside sources and submits special orders.
- Notifies the customer when special ordered parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts, verifies will-call and back-order parts and returns to vendors or to stock those items not picked up or required.
- Assures all purchases for parts are billed accordingly and paperwork is complete and reconciled.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Keeps orderly records of all parts orders, invoices, estimates, special order parts and keeps desk and counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Provides excellent customer service by listening to customer inquiries and requests, also tries to "up-sell" customers when appropriate. - Has positive attitude about OEM quality vs. aftermarket parts.
- Works well with others, maintains composure in a fast paced environment.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Must have previous automotive experience. Knowledge of parts cataloging systems such as Snap-on and Microcat.
- Previous experience working as parts wholesale sales person at an automotive dealership is highly preferred.
Kearny Mesa Chevrolet is an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.