Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Telehealth Business Development
at Pediatric Associates
Director of Telehealth Business Development
PRIMARY FUNCTION: As Director of Telehealth Business Development, incumbent is responsible for developing strategy, generating and closing sales leads, and post-sale client support for Pediatric Associates telehealth services. Individual develops, implements, and champions, as well as monitors telehealth program including, internal/external customer service, quality, stakeholder relations, and financial goals and objectives. This position leads the growth, development and planning of sales execution of new or existing telehealth projects based on market and/or patient/member needs.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Chief Information Officer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides leadership and guidance regarding growth and expansion of telehealth services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of the KidzDocNow telehealth strategy and business plan, which includes but is not limited to: defining target markets; constructing and refining the telehealth value propositions and product offerings; defining the desired patient experience; articulating technology capabilities required; and, driving profitable growth of the business unit while delivering a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Incumbent is accountable for sales execution and telehealth sales pipeline performance, and will provide routine and accurate sales pipeline status reporting to leadership. The incumbent will manage the sales cycle to generate and close sales opportunities while working collaboratively with other functional areas who may own the broader relationship with potential client.
- Work collaboratively with marketing to develop and refine KidzDocNow collaterals and content used within the sales cycle.
- Continuously develop the telehealth strategy to achieve goals and objectives. Stay current with the rapidly evolving telehealth marketplace, the regulatory environment, and related technologies to inform and evolve the telehealth service offerings in innovative ways.
- In conjunction with the IT department and other stakeholders, identify, evaluate, select, and implement new technologies and capabilities that are in line with the strategy to further enable the virtualization of medical care where it makes clinical and economic sense.
- Work closely with the Clinical Operations leader for telehealth and departments across the organization to launch new and refine existing telehealth programs and reduce unnecessary or inappropriate utilization.
- Work closely with the Clinical Operations leader for telehealth and lead cross functional working groups from key areas to evaluate concepts and solutions for clinical care using telemedicine. Provide guidance, streamline start-up, and reduce duplicative efforts.
- Promotes a collaborative, open and inclusive service relying on excellent change management skills to foster growth and collaboration.
- Stay current with the National and State regulatory environment currently being developed to support and/or limit the ability of providers/clinicians to use telemedicine capabilities.
- Stay current with the Payor policies currently being developed to support and/or limit the ability of providers/clinicians to use telemedicine capabilities. Work with internal department handling Payors to steer contracts to appropriate compensation.
- Manage telehealth sales and account management function and department personnel if and when additional resources are required.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to leadership on strategy, new initiatives, and progress to plan.
- Develops policies and procedures pertinent to telehealth strategy and programs.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate clearly & concise, data entry for extended period of times. The position involves high & frequent call volumes. May require sitting for long periods; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files, boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, type at 35 wpm, operate, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in a high volume environment.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education / Licensure: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
*Upon hire, and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.*
Experience: Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in telehealth preferred or 5 - 7 years’ experience in healthcare services sales or similar experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge and experience in business / marketing planning, constructing service offerings, and most importantly sales or relationship management with Health Plans. Must have demonstrated leadership. Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Must have excellent decision making and problem solving skills. Must be detail oriented and have good analytical skills. Knowledge of laws governing the protection of patients’ private health information. . Must have good computer skills and knowledge of relevant software