Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospital Services Representative- Waco (Full time)
at Carter BloodCare
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator/Supervisor, the Hospital Service Representative (HSR) is responsible for performing the blood distribution duties during the assigned shift. Under direct supervision, the HSR will ensure accuracy in all unit transactions and adherence to all regulations and procedures governing the storage, issuance, packing, and transportation of blood products. Consistent with the goals and objectives of the department and Carter BloodCare (CBC), HSR’s must maintain an excellent driving record, present a professional appearance, demonstrate good attention to detail, be able to lift 40 pounds, and possess ‘above average’ customer service and communication skills. The HSR is considered essential staff and must possess time flexibility to take calls, work overtime, and respond to emergency, disaster, or weather situations with little or no notice. Regular full-time attendance is required. Must be available to be "on call" as scheduled. When on call the HSR is required to be available to return to the center within 30 minutes.
Regular full-time attendance is required. This position is 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- High School Diploma
- Six months or more driving in the local region is preferred
- Some experience with direct customer service interaction
- Some experience with computers, printers, and cellular phones
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability/aptitude to learn computer blood banking/inventory management software and programs
- Working knowledge of area highways, freeways, major thoroughfares and alternate routes to various areas
- Ability/aptitude to learn applicable AABB standards, FDA regulations and Carter BloodCare (CBC) procedures associated with packing, storage & transportation of blood products
- Good driving record
- Vehicle: Full-size van, sedan and/or mini-van
- Computer and associated equipment
- Blood shipping containers, coolers, packing materials
- Dry ice, wet ice, gel coolants, bag heat-sealer machine
- Personal protective equipment, as defined in AABB standards, 21CFR and OSHA regulations
- General office supplies and communication equipment, including multi-line telephone, cellular phone and pager
- Blood storage refrigerators, freezers, and incubators
- Blood Product Irradiator, in East Texas
PHYSICAL/MENTAL STRESS FACTORS
- Driving throughout the blood centers service region, up to 11 hours daily
- Complete federally regulated unit transactions without error, multiple times each day
- Ability to sit, walk, climb steps, stand, twist, stoop, bend, and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Handle, pack and deliver blood products, including some bio-hazardous material, in compliance with multiple regulations and procedures
- Routine, heavy lifting of blood transport containers and extensive walking in the course of actual delivery to hospital blood bank laboratories
- Routine stress associated with the life/death consequences determined by the quality of performance
- Stress and risk associated with periodic blood-spill clean up
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times while on duty, especially at the hospitals and while driving
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record, consistent with established CBC standards
Carter Bloodcare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter Bloodcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status.
Carter Bloodcare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.