Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Transient Sales Manager
at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina
- Location : Company Name
- Pyramid Hotel Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
Nestled into Perimeter Summit and surrounded by ultra-chic neighborhoods like Buckhead and Brookhaven, Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina, a lavish urban hotel with the comfort and sophistication of a resort, with 182 guest rooms and over 13,000 square feet of meeting space is one of the newest hotels to join the PHG Family. Find out today what a career at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina with Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
Purpose and Performance Goals: The Business Transient Sales Manager is responsible for creating new business opportunities that will allow the hotel to achieve budgeted room revenue for specific market segments. This position must have a strong grasp of market and industry trends and utilize this knowledge in strategic planning. The Business Transient Sales Manager should have strong networking skills and/or join related conferences that will extend the reach of the business.
Job Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed business travel revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing business transient revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with accounts, peers, and clients.
- Identify and develop strategic business relationships with industry partners and other potential customers.
- Participate in business review meetings, department meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- This individual will take the lead on the development of new business opportunities that supports the hotels overall growth strategy.
- The business travel sales manager must maintain frequent communication with his/her Director of Sales, Director of Revenue Management and General Manager.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Must have experience in business travel at a similar size and quality hotel.
- The ability to self-motivate & work independently without direct supervision.
- The ability to prioritize, organize, and execute many activities, all at once, while maintaining a certain amount of flexibility and dealing with consistent changes.
- The ability to maintain professionalism in social situations.
- The ability to clearly articulate information via written and oral communication including public speaking, presentations, and webinars.
- The ideal candidate will have a high level of proficiency with email, Power-point, Outlook, Excel, Word, and most social media platforms.
- Demonstrated history of analytical skills and solid decision-making.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years of hotel sales experience in an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality environment.
Hours: This job is generally performed on weekdays and during normal business hours; however, additional days or hours may be required during peak times throughout the year, or outside of business hours as needed to meet with clients.