Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Lines Sales Agent
at Homesite Insurance
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
As a Licensed Commercial Lines Agent, you will apply insurance knowledge and sales skills to increase customers’ understanding of the value of insurance and cultivate long-term relationships built on trust and exceptional service. By understanding the unique needs of a business owner, you will connect clients with the right product and coverage to protect their legacy. This position encompasses blended responsibilities, including Sales, Service, and Agency Support.
- Utilize knowledge of products and underwriting guidelines to collect customer information, evaluate business appetite and individual risks, match coverage needs to available products, and generate quotes for clients
- Cross-sell and bind new or additional products and/or coverage as appropriate
- Assist Partner agents to effectively sell Commercial products, including determining underwriting appetite and proper coverage placement, and resolving inquiries related to the sale
- Troubleshoot system issues on behalf of Partner agents during the sales process
- Provide post-bind support to Partner agents, such as adding endorsements, providing documentation, and ensuring a seamless experience for clients
- Handles moderately complex customer inquiries for Commercial Lines products.
- Fields and de-escalates complaints from clients through exemplary customer solutions and consultative skills.
- Exercises judgment and discretion while functioning independently within authorized limits.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and provide interdepartmental feedback to maintain and improve communication and processes.
- Ensure that processing queues and escalated requests are reviewed and responded to in a timely manner.
- Adhere to compliance requirements and internal procedures.
- Track and manage call and policy activity for reporting purposes.
- Contribute to documentation of product and process information.
- Conduct appropriate job responsibilities with attention to detail.
- Act as a liaison between Partner agents and internal departments functioning behind the scenes, such as Billing, Underwriting, and IT
Core Skills Required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Contact Center environment with flexible availability.
- Ability to manage multiple channels of communication, such as verbal, email, and other separate applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to express ideas or questions clearly, constructively and diplomatically while assertively at the same time.
- Proficient computer skills, including ability to learn new applications.
- Excellent closing techniques with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of effective selling.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- High degree of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and change focus quickly to achieve department and personal goals.
- Effective time management skills.
Previous Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Property and Casualty Producer’s license required with ability to be licensed in multiple states.
- Prior Commercial insurance experience preferred.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!