Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apparel Sales Floor Lead
at Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores
This position enhances the experience of our customers and supports sales by providing proactive support to the ASM, Operations, Store Manager, and Apparel Customer Assist associates. Ensures safe, timely and accurate performance of all apparel processing activities, including unloading merchandise, merchandise preparation and staging and daily backroom activities, maintenance of stockrooms and assisting with coaching and training of Apparel Assist Associates when the ASM, Operations is not present. Maintains a personal contribution to productivity on the sales floor. Position personally contributes to the activities of the apparel processing team approximately 75% of the time, while the other 35% is allocated to Lead responsibilities and sales floor maintenance.
- Responsible for implementation of apparel merchandising direction, signing direction, and assuring implementation of all communicated apparel standards.
- Coaches Apparel Assist associates on sales floor presentation standards, signing, and selling.
- Implements and follows all apparel sales tracking reports and sales plans.
- Assist in determining and maintaining sales goals, credit goals and SYWR goals for Apparel Assist Associates.
- Performs all apparel processing job duties.
- Supports the Store Manager in training and coaching on standards for marking, processing, merchandise preparation, safety, merchandise protection, and inventory protection. .
- Handles merchandise according to the defined procedures.
- Acts as a role model and personally contributes to attainment of the department goals.
- Maintains all stockrooms areas in a neat, orderly, and safe manner.
- Maintains safe and orderly stockrooms.
- Adheres to merchandise and inventory protection standards
- Responsible for apparel pricing integrity.
- Accurately marks goods, according to current processing information
- Ensures that all Apparel Assist Associates use proper merchandise handling and safety equipment and adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintains updated pricing and processing information, and trains all Apparel Assist Associates
- Fosters a team environment.
- Communicates need for additional merchandise to Home Office
- Ensures proper replenishment and merchandising standards of the apparel sales floor
- Able to work day, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong drive for results
- Customer service focus
- Selling skills
- Product knowledge
- Knowledge of store and retail operations
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Computer literacy