Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Travel Sales Mgr
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- Hotel Figueroa
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
One of the longest-standing hotels in Downtown L.A., Hotel Figueroa recently completed a stunning restoration by award-winning design agency Studio Collective. Hotel Figueroa’s fierce spirit is now matched with modern touches, all while respecting the property’s original footprint and Spanish Colonial design.
The hotel boasts 268 rooms and suites, five F&B outlets and a landscaped courtyard featuring its iconic coffin-shaped pool. Hotel Figueroa’s vibrant arts program includes rotating art exhibits showcasing the works of L.A.’s most compelling female artists — an homage to its founding in 1926 as the largest project to have been financed, owned and operated by women.
The Business Travel Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Conduct Outside sales calls 2-3 days per week
- Business development
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e. parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.