Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Dir. Of Sales
at Highgate Management
- Requisition ID
- Job Location
- Holiday Inn Secaucus
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
Located just 4 miles from New York City and in the heart of The Plaza at Harmon Meadow, the Holiday Inn® Secaucus Meadowlands hotel delivers an unrivaled level of convenience and service. Within walking distance to dozens of shops and dining at The Plaza, the hotel is also convenient to neighboring towns of Hoboken, Jersey City and attractions such as The Meadowlands Sports Complex. The hotel features 161 brand-new guestrooms.
The Associate Director of Sales is responsible for assisting the Director of Sales in the direction, coordination, and supervision of the Sales Managers, Catering Manager(s) and the Sales Administrators in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up and proper sales administration.
- Assist the Director of Sales in the supervision and administration of all activities of the Sales Department.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and assist the Director of Sales in ensuring knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the Sales and Catering team.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Assist the Director of Sales in the operation of the Sales and Catering Department within established sales expense budget.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Assist with coordination of group and transient bookings to maximize profits.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- As directed by the Director of Sales, attend the weekly staff meeting according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist the Director of Sales in the administration of training in the sales department.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Assist in the administration of weekly sales meetings according to Highgate Hotel Standards.
- Review the KRA process with the Director of Sales to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Assist with coordination of all non-group transient sales and catering solicitations to maximize overall profits.
- Assist the Director of Sales by conducting all employee/manager Performance Appraisals according to Highgate Hotel SOP’s.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline the Sales and Catering Team according to Highgate Hotel SOP’s.
- Assist the Director of Sales by monitoring production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market and ensure the Sales Team is held accountable for those accounts within their territory.
- In the absence of the Director of Sales, conduct daily Highgate Hotel Business Review (HHBR) meeting with Sales and Catering, operations staff and General Manager.
- Assist the Director of Sales in the hiring and development of Sales and Catering Department employees and managers.
- Be familiar with all Highgate Hotel sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy, Average Daily Rate (ADR) and Banquet and Catering revenues.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales as received to ensure that any problems are rectified.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and beneficial to the property, and ensure that all Sales Managers conduct thorough site inspections.
- Assist in developing strategies to increase share from competitors when the hotel revenue penetration goals are not being met.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including but not limited to generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Monitor the Sales incentive plans and ensure that Sales staff can explain their potential earnings and benefits, and assist in ensuring that incentives are processed and paid according to the specified time period for each plan.
- Assist in ensuring that Sales Managers are planning and executing sales trips as outlined in quarterly Key Result Areas (KRAs) and in the Sales budget, including preplanning, setting appointments and executing sales calls.
- Assist in preparation of complete and accurate end-of-month reports, according to Highgate Hotel SOP. Explain the components of the end-of-month report and analyze the report with the DOS. Assist in ensuring that Sales Managers can explain the importance and components of the report.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Marketing Plan.
- Assist in preparing the monthly reforecast for the current and upcoming months and assist in ensuring accuracy within 5% margin of error.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
Attend all-employee meetings and any other functions required by management.
Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST). Understand all GDS systems.
Understand loading rates into ISIS/GDS.
Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
React to negative trends in the market place by implementing blitzes or catering promotions.
Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
- At least 5 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 4 years of hotel sales experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.