Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retirement Plan Services Sales Support Manager
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Retirement Plan Services Sales Support Manager oversees the function providing sales support (technical expertise, marketing materials and administrative assistance) to Retirement Plan Services (RPS) business development officers (BDOs) of Heartland Financial USA, Inc. subsidiary banks. In addition to supervising the sales support team, this individual is responsible for managing sales support processes and workflow and serves as the main technical resource for new business opportunities and product benchmarking analyses.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the processes, prioritization, and workflow related to the creation and delivery of custom sales proposals to prospective plan sponsor clients.
2. Maintains a high level of expertise on Heartland RPS products and those of competitors.
3. Creates and shares in-depth comparison analyses between Heartland's RPS product and those of prospective clients in the following respects: investment performance, trustee/fiduciary liabilities, employer/employee support, fund mapping, education, and fees. Coaches support staff in performing these functions as well.
4. Manages the request-for-proposal response process:
a. Assigns information gathering to appropriate staff members.
b. Manages timelines to meet deadline for RFP submission.
c. Serves as a resource for internal team member questions in the development of the RFP.
d. Supports the BDOs as a resource for prospects and/or their consultants on follow up questions to information provided in the RFP.
5. Prepares plan design illustrations which provide prospective clients with options for employee/employer contribution allocations should Heartland RPS be selected as the employer's retirement plan administrator.
6. Creates educational training materials and educates RPS BDOs on competitor products, investments, plan design, cross-testing, fee disclosures, the conversion process, service models, and fiduciary liability.
7. Major contributor to the selection of vendor partners that support the sales process and will be ongoing representative for these vendors.
8. Serves as a sales support representative on internal product development teams.
9. Partners with businesses that offer Heartland RPS as a third-party partner for their client base to establish selling agreements and all other documentation necessary to complete third-party transactions.
10. Maintains an understanding of Heartland bank products and services to support cross-selling referral business.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
1. Directly supervises two or more RPS sales support positions.
2. Works with Heartland Financials recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2. 3-5 years' experience in the retirement plan industry.
3. 1-3 years' supervisory experience.
4. Knowledge of retirement plan design, compliance, testing, investments, and ERISA and industry standards.
5. Excellent process management and organizational skills.
6. Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Strategic thinking, with the ability to carry out strategic direction in the performance of the job, as well as communicate strategy and goals to others.
8. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications.
9. Excellent attention to detail, including strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
10. Excellent organization & planning skills; time and project management.
11. Demonstrated ability to actively listen to others and effectively articulate and translate ideas, terms, and concepts for the position’s specialized business line.
12. Ability to work alone as well as with a team to meet deadlines.
13. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the performance of responsibilities.
1. Retirement or financial services industry certification(s), preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will