Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Card Sales Consultant
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Card Sales Consultant will be responsible for selling, growing, and maintaining business credit card relationships to defined market territories within assigned region and partner with Commercial Bankers and Treasury Managers (TM"S) as a Commercial Card sales and product expert.
The role of the CPS Solutions Consultant will also act as a member of the CPS Product Committee assisting in new product rollouts/implementation, evaluation of new products or enhancements and makes recommendations bringing insights from their market’s needs.
1. Develop client base through new client sales by means of proactively partnering with Commercial Bankers & TM’s to review client lists, participate in loan renewal reviews, initiate various prospecting methods including but not limited to, cold calling, leveraging internal & external referrals, and through networking groups.
2. Evaluate market needs and trends and identify consortium or cooperative opportunities. Participate and provide RFP responses, demonstrations, etc.
3. Deepen existing client relationships through optimization efforts via reviewing current business or commercial card program trends and portfolio analysis to identify additional product or spend opportunities.
4. Make recommendations and maintain knowledge regarding competitor offerings, industry rules & regulations, and technology by attending industry seminars & webinars on a monthly basis, update database of competitor program offerings, and staying current with NAPCP & Vsa bulletins and newsletters.
5. Deliver assigned sales goals through new & existing program development and track progress through companies spend volume reporting.
6. Perform regular customer program reviews to ensure good customer relationships and enhance retention efforts. Set company goals with the customer in the sales process and establish regular follow ups to ensure goal attainment.
7. Evaluate and advise on new product and departmental developments. Participate in product reviews, demos, and provide feedback. Recommend rollout and implementation strategies.
8. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
9. Performs other duties as assigned
This position requires frequent travel
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, with Graduate degree highly preferred
2. 7+ Years Commercial Card experience
3. 5-7 years of sales experience with the ability to source own leads.
4. Travel & entertaining required with overnight trips to markets, conferences, and for training.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Proven ability to present to a varied audience
7. Strong organizational and follow-up skills
8. Knowledge of Internet software and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
9. Strong understanding of purchasing and accounting processes and best practices.
10. Well-developed interpersonal skills required to encourage a positive employee morale and teamwork environment and to represent the bank and its products and services in a positive & professional manner reflective of the Bank’s Mission Statement.
11. Must comply with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
1. CPCP Required
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will