Core & Main
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, Sales
at Core & Main
- Job ID
- Job Post Category
- Remote Position?
- Position Type
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for driving and managing the successful execution of sales strategies and plans for national, regional or local markets. Orchestrate and direct resources to drive profitable sales revenue and growth. Optimize sales effectiveness in partnership with other sales partners. Engage and inspire the team to drive profitable business results. Monitor, analyze, and report on sales results. Define and plan the national, regional, and local selling organization to optimize resources. Facilitate the staffing process, provide input to other channels on organizational needs, associate actions, and sales team development. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages a sales territory, product category or business segment. Develops direct/indirect reports including inside and outside sales, and special product sales. Actively schedules sales meetings and events with specified accounts and prospective accounts for the purpose of bidding jobs and securing new business. Forecasts and achieves budgeted sales targets for assigned sales teams.
- Develops and maintains business relationships. Strategically plans customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, offer innovative programs and communicate plans.
- Analyzes sales and operating reports for opportunities and establishes initiatives to address deficiencies.
- Develops sales programs and tracks performance. Plans, forecasts, and establishes monthly quarterly, and annual sales and profit goals for the national, regional, and local sales teams.
- Negotiates national contracts and/or programs consistent with industry management goals. May communicate and negotiate special pricing and product availability with top vendors.
- Manages selling and customer service activities, developing and implementing sales and customer retention programs to optimize sales performance, profitability, and customer satisfaction. Plans, forecasts and reports on sales and competitor pricing, activity and tactics.
- Ensures sales associates perform account prospecting. Regularly assesses sales team performance, partnering with appropriate business leaders as needed to assign and reassign accounts to maximize sales performance revenue. Conducts ride-along activities and works with team to call on active customers and prospective accounts. Trains, motivates and provides coaching of sales associates in effective selling processes, strategies, and technique.
- Conducts ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates for the purpose of acquiring talent to support the attainment of business objectives. Responsible for succession planning.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university and 10+ years industry sales experience.
- 5+ years experience with area customer base.
- Supervisory experience.