Core & Main
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, National Fusible Sales*
at Core & Main
- Job ID
- Job Post Category
- Remote Position?
- Position Type
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Direct and coordinate all national sales-related activities for assigned area. Grow revenue and margin dollars with the largest customers in the portfolio. Responsible for sales within our national / government portfolio and / or accounts and customer segments having a significant strategic impact to the business. This includes leading a team account managers, government account managers and the sales support team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Develops and implements programs and sales initiatives to achieve regional budgets for the division. Monitors progress on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance and effectiveness. Identifies target accounts and monitors the successes with current and target accounts. Manages strategic vendor relationships and drives growth.
Provides support to District Managers (DM’s) with identification, pre-bidding, tracking, and monitoring of major projects within the regions. Supports sales and product knowledge training programs. Directs the company’s efforts at trade shows related to the division.
Works with local DM's and Account Managers to ensure a high level of focus and results on programs and sales initiatives specific to the division. Assists and supports the efforts of new product introductions and roll- outs as well as new product development.
Assist DM's with recruiting and interviewing of Account Managers and Territory Sales Associates. Initiates strategy with DSM's to begin succession planning for Account Managers where needed.
Collaborates with Regional VP's, directors and DM's to resolve customer service issues, facilitate resolution of product failures and coordinate efforts to minimize potential liability related issues.
Nature and Scope
Problems are typically defined by higher level leadership. Problems are difficult. Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Decides how to achieve planned results within an organization's plans, policies and guidelines. May set or change plans/goals within respective department or area.
- May manage department via multiple layers of managers OR directly supervise a staff of professionals IC's at the senior or technical advisor level
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 9+ years experience in related field including several years in a management/supervisory capacity.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 5-8 years outside sales and account management experience in construction supply.
- Bachelor's degree in Business.
- 5-8 years HDPE sales management experience.
- Strong industry knowledge
- Strong Leadership Skills