Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales and Catering
Job Reference #: 9447_1527867
Edgy. Social. Dynamic. This is who we are. Welcome to a fine-art inspired, boutique hotel. A place to have fun. A place where we foster a spontaneous and ever-changing environment through art and unique signature experiences. A place to create unforgettable connections and memories for our guests. Refreshingly uncommon. Anything but generic. Welcome to The Rose Hotel.
The Director of Sales and Catering at The Rose Hotel Chicago O'Hare, Tapestry Collection by Hilton is primarily responsible driving all hotels' sales and marketing efforts to achieve maximum revenue results and delivering exceptional service to the guests. . Increase room night sales and improve market penetration while delivering exceptional financial results. Create solid business relationships with local corporate clients and network with local business associations and chambers of commerce to increase hotel's visibility in the local communities. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and should be service-oriented and outgoing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* The DOS will interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support sales employees, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or company standards.
* Use internal and external resources and data to develop strategic plans to incorporate all business segments.
* Understand sales and business processes and support corporate and hotel goals
* Identify customer business requirements and craft customer offers via a contractual document
* Monitor achievement of objectives for the sales team and take appropriate action to correct shortfalls versus the annual marketing plan.
* Achieve annual hotel revenue goals as agreed upon and established in the annual budget.
* Maintain hotel relationships with key accounts to increase customer satisfaction and account revenue.
* Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements.
* Articulate and leverage the benefits of the hotel to close sales opportunities.
* Prepare and maintain a current annual marketing plan with measurable and specific initiatives detailed to maintain and grow each business segment.
* Accept leadership responsibilities by modeling proper selling techniques, effective development of others and commitment to industry and personal development.
* Develop effective presentations (orally and written) where ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are clearly understood.
* Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
* Develop marketing initiative, promotions, packages and ad campaigns to ensure successful consumer response and positively impact market yield and rev par.
* Work closely with the Hilton's Revenue Management and rate strategy initiatives to maximize revenue goals.
* Work closely with Public Relations Agency and create initiatives to maximize revenue goals.
* Maintain accurate forecasting for all group/individual segments and identify value periods for all sales emphasis.
* Establish programs and direct efforts to achieve group and individual room night goals (including volume accounts) and to develop ongoing relationships with customers
* Identify and develop marketing communication activities in collaboration with the General Manager.
* Establish account qualifications criteria and use market research and telemarketing resources to identify priority markets and accounts; assign sales managers to assure coverage of all major markets.
* Provide customer intelligence and evaluation of market & economic trends and adapts sales strategy to exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure competitive position in our marketplace
* Analyze marketing opportunities, develop and executes creation and distribution of collateral (online and traditional) to support business goals and destination awareness.
* Develop strong partnerships with local and external organizations to further brand/product awareness
* Take an active role in regional tourism organizations and participates in sales activities both on and off-property.
* Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
* Ensure all billing from groups and events are completed and sent out by the sales and events team
* Work with the Event Manager to ensure the accuracy of all banquet event orders as well as group resume and billing
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!