Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales
Job Reference #: 9447_1536913
If you are an amazing people-person, who just happens to have a hotel Director of Sales background, we are excited to meet you!
The Holiday Inn Lafayette City Centre and the Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette are currently seeking an amazing Director of Sales (over both properties) who can bring the whole package...the knowledge and skill of an awesome DoS, an amazing personality, and the creativity and ability to bring those amazing ideas to completion!
We are currently seeking that elusive, magical unicorn of Sales....the Director of Sales who excels at leading the pack, but isn't afraid to get their hands dirty along the way. Our ideal candidate would have considerable Marketing experience; along with stellar full-service hotel Director of Sales experience, with a preference of that experience IHG or Marriott properties. In addition, ideal candidates would be local to central Indiana.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about guest service as they are about exceeding their goals and our expectations! We pride ourselves on providing a fun work environment, where you become part of our amazing work family.
If you are a hands-on Director of Sales, who is hip to all Social Media outlets, and loves to create with an eye for the fun and edgy, we look forward to meeting you!
Now for the slightly less fun and edgy details....
Essential Functions of this position:
* Prospect new clients.
* Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals
* Follow up on all sales leads and correspondence.
* Maintain active sales contact on all assigned accounts and within assigned market segments.
* Coordinate and facilitate Sales Calls. Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of Sales and Catering revenue.
* Maintain up to date trace files for follow up.
* Recommend program and procedural changes as needed.
* Qualify clients, develops proposals, and prepares contracts.
* Service current clients and aggressively rebook them.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the competition's products, strengths and weaknesses, to continually improve sales strategies and the achievement of goals
* Prepare status and weekly reports to keep management abreast of activities; including, but not limited to required forecasts
* Exercise hotel policies and procedures in accordance with the duties above.
* Actively participate in weekly Revenue calls with Corporate Revenue team.
* Provide strategic revenue management plans within the hotel to include; rate development, establishment of group thresholds, space utilization policy, deployment strategies thought the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
* Ensure effective utilization of selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments.
* Participate in communication and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
* Perform all other related duties/projects/reports as assigned by the GM.
Wow! You're still here, kudos to you for making it through all of that! If you've read all of the details, and you're still interested in becoming part of our family, and you believe you can knock our socks off with your amazing Sales, Marketing and Social Media abilities, then we can't wait to hear from you, so apply NOW! We are waiting to hear from you! Seriously, put down that cup of coffee (or glass of wine....no judgement, it IS Sales after all!) and send us your resume! ; )
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!