Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager - Medical Education
at Havas Life
Position Title: Account ManagerRevision Date: 3.1.19
Department: Client Services (Account Management)FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports To: Group Acct Sup, SVP - Account Services, or similarEmployment Status: Fulltime
Schedule: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday, with some Supervises: N/A
evenings and weekends; local and overnight travel; may regularly Travel: Frequent (35%+)
a work week that exceeds 40 hours per week.
The Account Manager is the primary representative and point of client contact for assigned accounts. The role acts as a brand steward by presenting creative solutions and ideas supporting market objectives and growth. This position guides account and project teams to ensure work is fulfilled within established scope and contract terms. The Account Manager further assumes an expanded financial management role to include reporting, full-cycle budget oversight, and forecasting. This brand steward role produces and facilitates effective client interactions, and proactively applies flexibility and creative problem-solving skills in servicing activities. Organic account growth is an additional responsibility achieved by actively seeking opportunities for the agency to propose revenue-generating solutions to client needs. This position requires strong organization, planning, and relationship management abilities. The ideal candidate will possess advanced project management and client service experience in a similar pharmaceutical marketing agency environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents the agency to assigned clients and is established as the primary point of contact for the day to day servicing of the business; leverages knowledge and expertise in building strong partnerships mutually focused on client’s vision of success for program execution.
- Progresses in brand stewardship role by cultivating industry knowledge and familiarity with assigned brands and markets; demonstrates understanding of solutions offered by Symbiotix to recommend products and services to client representatives.
- Directs account operations within terms of contracts, ensuring adherence to scope, budget, and goals for each program; works with account executives in identifying potential changes to statements of work (SOW’s) and consults with client to resolve.
- Conveys ownership of client service, ensuring prompt and quality responses to requests, and leading account team to offer creative solutions that balance client objectives with agency resources; applies expert problem-solving skills in planning for existing and potential challenges.
- Manages channels of communication with client, leading meetings and partnering with Account Executives in scheduling and delivering timely and informative client status reports and updates.
- Reviews plans and materials related to projects and event coordination; provides feedback and guidance to ensure alignment to client objectives and scope, and expedites submission of finalized product.
- Oversees the ongoing financial activities for assigned business which includes monitoring expenditures, reporting, budget reconciliation, adherence to billing deadlines, and forecasting.
- Projects future account activities, developing calendars and plans; produces related budgets and financial reports for client representatives and internal units upon request.
- Responsible for contributing to the organic growth of assigned accounts at levels necessary to maintain and increase business revenue; utilizes relationships to support the pursuit of opportunities to promote agency capabilities; supplies new leads to Business Development and assists with the pitch and proposal process.
- Develops statements of work (SOW’s) for new or repeat business within assigned client groups, collaborating with account executives and account stakeholders to determine timelines and resource allocations with an emphasis on profitability and service.
- Keeps immediate supervisor and other stakeholders apprised of account activities and challenges; supports senior account leaders in the development and pull through of strategic business objectives.
- Involved in the training and mentorship of Account Executives, or other team members as needed.
- Serves as a back-up resource in the scheduling and administration of virtual meetings, utilizing web and audio conference platforms and applications.
- Supports other account teams, as needed, to cover time off or to assist during periods of heavy volume.
- Fulfills these and all other duties as assigned in accordance with the values and expectations of Symbiotix
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or other related major, strongly preferred; high school diploma/GED required with appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 6+ years of account management experience in a similar pharmaceutical marketing agency environment.
- Expert MS Office Suite user with keyboarding/data entry skills; experience with Adobe Acrobat, project management systems, and other custom applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support changing work volumes and account needs; frequent trips to client locations and events, to include overnight business travel.
- Excellent relationship management skills; ability to quickly forge strong partnerships with clients, establishing trust and confidence, and demonstrating a commitment to providing exceptional service.
- Exhibits advanced organization, planning, and problem solving abilities, with strong written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Maintains extensive marketing and regulatory knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, and high familiarity with assigned brands and therapeutic areas.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire new expertise with exposure to different and unique clients, projects, and tasks, and to progress and grow in account leadership knowledge and skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY:
Normal office environment with moderate noise levels and frequent use of computer; general hotel atmosphere during programs/meetings. Physical activities may include sitting for extended periods of time, walking or standing up to 15%, and occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Keyboarding and speaking are regularly performed in this position. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I agree that the above position description has been reviewed with me, and that I understand the job responsibilities and requirements.