Gypsum Management and Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gypsum Management and Supply
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all steps of sales process, including: preparing action plans by accounts and product line, effective search and follow-through of sales leads and new customers
- Identify and execute on opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
- Establish rapport with customers, building long-term, repeat customer relationships
- Be proficient in product knowledge to assist the customer in buying decisions
- Provide timely and accurate competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval
- Maintain accurate records of sales activity, sales, and pricing
- Gather competitive market and pricing information
- Control sales expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adhere to company policies and ethics and makes sure that they are communicated to the sales team
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience required
- Ability to self-manage is critical, as well extensive experience in all aspects of supplier relationship management.
- Knowledge of building materials and construction industry strongly preferred
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
- Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in office environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze sales and financial information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER