Grand Canyon University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Account Executive, Sponsorship
at Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Senior Account Executive, Sponsorship. The principal role is to implement and manage a comprehensive corporate sponsorship plan for GCU as approved by senior management. This role will identify and secure revenue generating opportunities with prospects across industries, foster revenue opportunities with existing sponsors, and assist in development of a multi- year strategy and planning goals to increase sponsorship revenue.
- Develops, builds and maintains relationships with current and prospective sponsors.
- Prospects for new potential sponsorships to ensure continuous pipeline of sponsorships.
- Meeting or exceeding established yearly revenue both with existing and new partners/sponsors.
- Developing and pitching sponsorship packages; tailoring packages to meet unique sponsorship needs.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with prospective and current corporate sponsors. Oversees scheduling to ensure appropriate GCU senior leadership is available as required, meeting preparation, note taking and requisite database documentation.
- Liaise with management team regarding possible sponsorship benefits and allowances that can be promised and delivered.
- Work collaboratively with marketing staff and colleagues to create customized content or presentations as sales collateral for use in sponsorship presentations, in accordance with GCU’s ethics, branding and other guidelines.
- Ensure that sponsor’s promotional and visual concepts and campaigns are consistent with and complement GCU’s public image.
- Negotiate sponsorship benefits to be provided to sponsorships and negotiate a clear understanding of mutual obligations.
- Negotiate and draft sponsorship contracts for approval and signing by designated senior executive.
- Works closely with the appropriate departments to ensure appropriate benefits fulfillment for sponsors.
- Coordinates with vendor and appropriate personnel to ensure all contract fulfillment is executed within scope of project and on time
- Ensures sponsors are handled with "white glove customer service" in attendance at all GCU events
- Presents regular reports on the development, delivery and management of the strategic sponsorship plan to management as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sponsorship marketing/sales, preferably within higher education in Division I institution or conference as a rights holder, or professional sports team with significant corporate relationships already established..
- Innovative, energetic and relies on self-motivation.
- Demonstrate passion and commitment to GCU’s mission and vision.
- Big picture strategist and outside of the box creativity.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Ability to understand financial break evens with inventory management of sponsorship assets; being able to understand value of assets.
- Ability to do revenue forecasting and expense management for sponsorship programs; excellent budget management skills.
- Proven success in setting and meeting challenging sponsorship targets within agreed timelines.
- Creative thinker with the ability to negotiate mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Demonstrated skill in pitching to clients demonstrating understanding of audience, motivations of audience and succinct delivery of GCU unique story.
- Self-starter and known as rainmaker amongst the industry.
- Strong persuasive skills, consensus/support building.
- Ability to use social networking tools to develop new prospects.
- Have experience and enthusiasm for networking.
- Ability to professionally engage with and take criticism from clients.
- Limited travel (10-15%); must be willing to travel on weekends if necessary.
- Willingness to work extended hours during week or weekends if required to meet client deadlines.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.