Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Store Associate - Flowing Wells
at Goodwill Industries of Southern Arizona, Inc.
Are you looking for a job where you can improve your skills and get the training you need and want? Are you looking for a job where you can perform well and have opportunities for advancement? Are you looking to be a part of something BIG that positively affects your community?
What benefits do you want?
- Competitive Salary
- Vacation Time - Up to 80 hours earned your first full year
- Sick Time - Up to 48 hours accrued each fiscal year
- My Time Off (MTO) - Up to 88 hours accrued each fiscal year
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance after 60 days of employment
- 403(b) with company match after 1 year of employment
- Tuition reimbursement - Reimbursement for courses of study that will directly enhance the employee’s potential for personal and professional growth.
- Multiple optional ancillary plans available after 60 days of employment: Including Telemedicine, Short-and Long-Term Disability plans, Life Insurance, Accident insurance, Critical Illness insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Legal Assistance, Credit Monitoring, and even Pet Insurance!
- 20% Employee Discount
- WORK WITH AMAZING PEOPLE
What you will do:
The Store Associate will receive training in all entry level positions within the store operation. Areas include customer service, cashiering, assisting with donors, pricing merchandise, transporting priced goods to the retail floor, rotating old merchandise off the sales floor, and housekeeping. It is recommended that the Store Associate learn as many different tasks as possible to demonstrate their ability to achieve job knowledge, skill, and ability proficiencies.
- Minimum of three months of experience in a retail store preferred.
- Experience in a used goods or retail store helpful.
Ability to make quick decisions regarding merchandise quality.
Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to give good customer service and be pleasant, friendly and polite.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds, stand for long periods of time; bend, reach and stretch repeatedly during a shift.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and have a basic math aptitude.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends).
- Must be willing to transfer to other stores as requested.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all individuals.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
We encourage national service members, veterans, and their family members to apply.
Location: Tucson, AZ