Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controller, Corporate Finance - Calgary, AB
at Global Chamber
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Controller, Corporate Finance will lead the Corporate Finance team of 16 people and work closely with divisional controllers, directors, assistant controllers, and leaders from our client’s business segments on accounting matters. The controller will manage the financial statement close cycles, manage routine and non-routine corporate accounting matters, as well as special or ad-hoc projects, and ensure company controls and policies are executed. This is a tremendous and exciting opportunity for an ambitious, enthusiastic and highly experienced individual looking for a career with a vibrant and fast-growing company.
- Oversee and manage the month-end/quarter-end close process and ensure that it is performed on a timely basis and accurately, with process improvements identified and implemented.
- Oversee, manage and review the preparation of the quarterly and annual Consolidated Financial Statements and Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A).
- Oversee, manage and review corporate accounting workpapers, including but not limited to consolidation files, EBITDA summary, cash flow proof, trial balance, intercompany eliminations, account lead sheets, journal entries, CTA and translation of foreign entities.
- Oversee, manage and review corporate accounts, including but not limited to: Cash, Property, Plant and Equipment; Intangibles assets, Intercompany, Goodwill, Asset Retirement Obligations (ARO), Other AR and AP, Accruals, Debt, Embedded Derivatives, Risk Management, Equity, Share Based Compensation, Acquisition Costs, Marketing, General and Administrative Expenses, Finance Costs; Foreign Exchange, and other accounts.
- Oversee, manage and review consolidated results and perform follow up with divisional finance teams on accounting variances /issues as required.
- Manage the audit process and audit relationship with external auditors.
- Work closely with the Director, Technical Accounting on accounting issues and ensure complex or non- routine transactions are accounted for in accordance with IFRS.
- Work closely with team members from Tax, Treasury, Corporate Development, Investor Relations, Integrations, Procurement, Communications and Financial Planning and Analysis groups, etc., to support monthly/quarterly deliverables and projects as required.
- Ensure the successful completion of key projects as assigned, including but not limited to:
o Business combination accounting (PPA), o Acquisition integration projects o IT or System conversion projects o Accounting process projects o New accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 16) o Tax projects o Other special or ad-hoc projects as assigned.
For application, please send you resume/CV to Catherine at email@example.com
CATHERINE BROWNLEE INC. 205 Riverfront Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2P 5K4 PHONE: 403 861 2001