Freedom Financial Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Freedom Financial Network
WHO WE ARE:
Freedom Financial Network is a family of companies that takes a people-first approach to financial services, using technology to empower consumers to overcome debt and create a brighter financial future. The company was founded in 2002 by Brad Stroh and Andrew Housser on the belief that by staying committed to helping people, you can ensure better financial outcomes for both the customer and the business. This Heart + $ philosophy still guides the vision of our growing company, which has helped millions of people find solutions for their financial needs.
What began with 2 people in a spare bedroom has now rapidly expanded to a vibrant business that employs over 2,200 employees (known internally as The Freedom Family) in two locations: San Mateo, CA and Tempe, AZ. When you visit either of our offices, you’ll understand why our employees have voted us the Best Place to Work for the last several years. It’s a place where the Heart + $ philosophy continues to thrive, where we believe that success is only achieved by doing what’s right for our customers, our employees, and our communities.
In order to create brighter futures for our clients, employees, and businesses, Freedom Financial Network holds itself to four core values that have grown out of our Heart + $ philosophy: to care for everyone around us, act with integrity every time, collaborate with everybody we work with, and get better at what we do every day.
We are growing and looking to add an Account Manager to our Freedom family in Tempe office. This position will report to the Creditor Operations Manager and play a key role in assisting in the optimization of creditor relationships with the goal of increasing efficiencies and settlement volume.
In this role you will work with Settlement and Payment Operations, Business Intelligence, Product, Customer Service and Legal to bring efficiencies and improve interactions between departments and creditors.
- Serve as the liaison between debt buyers and collections agencies (i.e. creditors) and internal departments at FDR (Settlement and Payment Operations, Business Intelligence, Product, Customer Service and Legal).
- Act as first point of contact for assigned creditors to troubleshoot questions and concerns.
- Recommend and implement strategies to create more efficient creditor relationships that result in better outcomes for FDR clients.
- Conduct regular meetings with Negotiators to understand creditor behavior and help drive efficiencies while collaborating on strategic direction.
- Ensure timely resolution of outgoing escalations presented by Settlement and Payment Operations, Customer Service and Executive team and incoming escalations presented by creditors and collectors.
- Initiate new relationships with creditors who are new to working with FDR. Assist in converting creditors to a more efficient payment method.
- Work with Inventory Control Manager to ensure that scrub lists are being received, returned, and optimized as planned.
- Monitor key metrics such as settlement volume, liquidation, settlement rates, and litigation rates.
- Suggest and implement strategies to improve these metrics to insure successful outcomes for Freedom clients.
- 3+ years of Negotiations or Collections experience.
- Demonstrate the critical thinking required to work through complex situations.
- Demonstrate capacity to solve problems through data and analysis.
- Intermediate Excel analytical skills (i.e. Pivot Tables and V-LookUp).
- Ability to represent the company to external parties professionally and ethically.
- Ability to maintain relationships and work with various departments throughout the company.
- Strong communication skills through verbal and written correspondence.
- BA degree preferred or combination of experience and training
- Strong problem solving skills, business and financial acumen
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Fast, continued growth – there’s a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Phoenix Best Place to Work 9 times by our employees including the #1 spot for 2 years in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- 9 paid holidays & 5 sick days
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Attention Agencies & Search Firms: We do not accept unsolicited candidate resumes or profiles. Please do not reach out to anyone within Freedom Financial Network (FFN) to market your services or candidates. All inquiries should be directed to Talent Acquisition only. We reserve the right to hire any candidates sent unsolicited and will not pay any fees without a contract signed by FFN’s Talent Acquisition leader.