Fort McDowell Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Sales Manager
at Fort McDowell Casino
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for the planning, development, execution and overall management of sales programs consistent with, and supportive of, the overall business objectives of the casino/resort for both core and outer markets. Demonstrate the We-Ko- Pa way on a daily basis with internal and external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate company sales and marketing functions within a casino/resort environment.
- Develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology
- Direct and oversee the company sales and marketing function to identify and develop new guests that fit the gaming model
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify sales and marketing opportunities and direct marketing opportunities within a casino/resort environment
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results by utilizing the provided sales tools including Group PACE reports.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing team members and budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
- Plan and coordinate public affairs, and communications efforts, to include public relations and community outreach.
- Actively prospect major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts. Establish and implement short and long-range sales goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Represent the casino/resort at various community and/or business meetings to promote the casino/resort.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales or Hospitality
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience in a casino/resort environment
- Proven track record in sales at past hotels/ resorts.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to be a good team leader and coach for the sales staff
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Must be outgoing and a proven self-starter
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, OPERA)
- Ability to initiate, lead, and finalize negotiations
- Ability to analyze data and trends
- Ability to make key decisions
- Must be able to sit, stand, see, hear, and walk
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. or more
Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are members of federally recognized Indian tribes. To be considered for Indian Preference, you must submit your Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) with your application.