First Bank & Trust Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Market Manager
at First Bank & Trust Texas
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The Sales Market Manager interacts with the retail team in day to day operations and problem solving. Supervises retail staff in all aspects of retail sales and service, and is responsible for all banking centers within the bank. The Sales Market Manager drives Retail P&L success and provides insights to support critical business decisions. This position provides direction in all sales and service areas as needed including coaching, goal setting and development of staff.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in the development and implementation of the retail strategic plan to meet corporate objectives.
2. Lead and/or participate in the organization and sales coaching to the Retail Team and all bank partners on a routine basis. May assist with review and tracking of retail incentive program
3. Serve as a source of information. Prepare sales reports for Regional Sales Manager and Retail Staff. Be aware of market changes and share articles of interest with Retail Staff. Understand what is happening with the local competition and keep everyone well informed.
4. Represent the Retail Department in a wide variety of Heartland committees and regular meeting including at the monthly Compliance call, Operations call and other meetings.
5. Understand and support bank best practices and ensure they are representative of Heartland policies.
6. Recognize and escalate additional training opportunities including sales coaching to enhance the skill level of the Retail staff. Directly accountable for sales performance in alignment with banking center goals for bank
7. Responsible for administration and coordination for the bank referral program results
8. Primary communication link between Heartland and member bank staff regarding policies and procedures and troubleshooting.
9. Travel to each banking center on a weekly basis and develops high-quality relationships with the sales teams in those locations.
10. Maintain a "Top 5" list of local talent
11. Lead the customer experience strategy to ensure banking centers are delivering consistent, positive experiences for all customers.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
1. Directly supervises Sales Area Managers.
2. Works with Heartland Financial recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department per the review process deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 5-7 years of bank operations experience
2. Bachelor’s Degree with business field emphasis or related experience required.
3. 3-5 years of sales management experience
4. 3-5 years of multi-location management experience
5. Previous experience in a leadership role
6. Proven knowledge of banking and compliance regulations
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
8. Ability to multitask and manage stress
9. Excellent customer service skills
10. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software
11. Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to FirstBank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At FirstBank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will