First Bank & Trust Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retirement Plan Services Business Development Officer
at First Bank & Trust Texas
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The RPS Business Development Officer identifies prospective customers in the local market as well as in assigned regional industry markets. Initiates contact with prospective clients, prepares and delivers presentations, follows-up with prospects, and closes sale. In addition to calling on new prospects, the employee will call on existing customers to identify additional business opportunities and customer needs.
1. Responsible for developing new retirement plan business across all internal business lines and referral sources outside of Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
2. Develops and maintains working relationships with internal and external referral sources.
3. Manages a multi-state territory.
4. Follows up to move prospects through the sales cycle quickly and efficiently.
5. Maintains an active pipeline and uses internal applications to keep management appraised on progress.
6. Identifies a prospect’s specific needs and offers a custom solution.
7. Completes investment analyses of client’s fund option and offers suitable alternatives from Heartland’s fund offering.
8. Maintains up to date and accurate records, files, and critical data in sales data base.
9. Responsible for maintaining working relationships with internal and external referral sources.
10. Use consultative sales approach to identify prospect needs and offer custom solution.
11. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent years of experience.
2. 5-7 years of experience selling directly to plan sponsors with a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue/asset goals.
3. Strong knowledge of plan design, compliance and testing, ERISA and industry standards.
4. Able to use a consultative sales approach.
5. Strong knowledge of investment options and an understanding of the fiduciary requirements of plan sponsors.
6. Strong knowledge of defined contribution plans.
7. Critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify and recommend appropriate follow-up action.
8. Excellent organizational, multi-task and follow through skills.
9. Maintain high level of confidentiality.
10. Teamwork and interpersonal skills to work on organizational initiatives.
11. Ability to multi-task.
12. Familiarity with SunGard Relius, Mid-Atlantic Trust Company, vWise, and Smart 401(k) systems.
1. QPFC, QKA, APA designations highly preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to FirstBank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At FirstBank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will