Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead, Support Services Representative
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. Envoy is headquartered in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
Lead Support Services Representatives conduct observations and associated activities of the Support Services team. In this role, Leads are responsible for:
- Oversee the scheduling and manpower utilization of Support Services team.
- Maintain a safe, dependable and consistent operation.
- Administer local training programs.
- Maintain supplies and inventory control logs as well as preparation of customer correspondence, investigates discrepancies, and compiles statistical data for reports.
- Assist management in the completion of administrative duties and acts as a company representative when assigned.
Lead Support Services Representatives perform Support Services Representatives work as required which includes performing a variety of tasks to keep our ground operations running smoothly, efficiently and on-time. This includes:
- Provide a high level of customer service to the traveling public by assisting passengers with their luggage and tagging bags, oversized luggage or sporting equipment.
- Move passengers from terminal, airport ticket counter, customs, or other areas in the airport pushing wheelchairs.
- Welcome customers in the airport ticket counter area and offer assistance or seek out customers who may need assistance, i.e., large parties, passengers with disabilities, etc.
- Escort passengers to and from the terminal to the aircraft, handle the loading and unloading of baggage and providing assistance to disabled passengers or others needing special assistance.
- On occasion it may be necessary to drive a bus, truck, golf cart or tugs in congested areas.
- Responsible to fill out passenger paperwork relating to unaccompanied minor passengers; on occasion, may be required to stay overnight escorting an unaccompanied minor passenger
- Perform all duties, under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee's control, while attempting to influence a favorable impression of American Eagle, American Airlines or any other contracted airline service provided by Envoy.
In this role, organization and interpersonal skills are necessary. The successful candidate must be comfortable organizing work groups and handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The ability to demonstrate above-average qualities of leadership, initiative, and judgment are essential. Must be able to work with minimal supervision be self-motivated and safety conscious.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid state driver's license may be required by local airport authority or to complete some job functions
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and rotating days off
- Must be willing to stay overnight when necessary to escort an unaccompanied minor passenger
- Must be flexible to work additional hours beyond regular shift, on short notice, and as needed due to operational necessity
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Must possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience in a team-lead capacity
- Administrative background
- Above average attendance
- Some locations may desire previous airline experience including working knowledge of an airline’s ticketing system and/or ramp operations
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak, and understand Spanish
Additional Position Details
- Tattoos, body piercings and/or tongue rings may not be visible while in company issued uniform at any time; tattoos cannot be covered with adhesive bandages or by other methods to render them not visible.
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.