ENERCON’s Atlanta, GA office is seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Regional Account Representative for our Power Delivery group with proven success in the Utility sector. With our strong emphasis on our clients and teamwork, we refer to this individual as a Regional Account Representative . The preferred location for this position is Atlanta, Georgia, but other locations throughout the USA such as Naperville, IL and Overland Park, KS will be considered for a superior candidate.
This individual will be responsible for leveraging existing relationships and developing new engineering business opportunities in our target markets that result in long term, multi-level client relationships. As the Atlanta based Account Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing specific clients and project opportunities in the southeastern U.S. You will work with a team to identify and filter opportunities, assemble the proposal team, and develop winning proposal strategies.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
Leverage existing relationships to develop new business opportunities aligned with Power Delivery’s targeted market approach, to include the following:
• Develop/implement competitive strategies for acquiring targeted clients and expand the relationship with existing clients
• Lead development of proposals/presentations
• Develop detailed client capture strategies to achieve success in our target markets
• Develop and maintain long term, relationship-based client relationships
• Interface with the client to ensure satisfaction with services delivered
• Develop win/win pricing strategies for Power Delivery and our clients
• Develop strategies to address client risk, execution concerns, and stakeholder issues
• Work with Power Delivery project management and clients to ensure project success
• Communicate to Power Delivery’s project team to facilitate effective delivery of client needs
• Provide turn-key or value propositions to Power Delivery clients
• Work with technical staff to ensure technical reports are completed per client requests
• Own Power Delivery’s relationship with the client, including conflict resolution, account receivables, strategic initiatives, planning, resource allocation, etc.
• Lead Power Delivery’s internal client team
• Mentor and coach team members
• Participate in strategic planning, development, deployment, and growth with Power Delivery clients
• Understand and respond to overall market trends, challenges, and client concerns
• Lead, coordinate, and build teamwork among other team members/disciplines at all levels
All PD (Power Delivery) Team Members are expected to:
• Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with Enercon’s Defining Excellence Message
• Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
• Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
• Maintain a positive attitude
As a qualified candidate, you will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
• 6 + years of experience in engineering consulting services in either the public or private sector
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business or similar discipline
• 4+ years of business development success in the Electric Utility sector
• A proven track record developing, retaining and maintaining clients
• Existing relationships with relevant companies that engage power delivery consulting services
• The ability to communicate highly technical engineering data to a range of audiences from industry partners, governing bodies, and stakeholders
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel 30%-50%; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings; ENERCON and client specific background checks; and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
• 6+ years of experience in engineering consulting services in either the public or private sector
• 4+ years of demonstrated success in business development in the Electric Utility Sector
Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings
Ability to pass ENERCON and client specific background checks and an annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies
Ability to travel up to 20 - 25% of the time to client sites (expected to travel at least one time per month) for project and/or marketing meetings
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
ENERCON Services is a long standing and well respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premiere services to companies in the energy, utility and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com. ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.