Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wedding Sales Manager - Sedona, AZ (20344)
at Enchantment Resort
Basic Function: Selling and servicing resorts to wedding clients - couples and planners - to increase number of wedding with positive contribution to room revenues and food & beverage while providing high level of customer service. Work closely with Marketing department to properly promote and position property as a wedding destination.
- Develop strong relationship with wedding planning firms through prospecting and presentation efforts for the purpose of securing business for the resorts and proper positioning of the resort as a wedding destination.
- Review wedding sourcing platforms and marketing opportunities to ensure continued growth of qualified wedding inquiries
- Responding to all wedding inquiries in a prompt and professional manner, assisting clients on options best suited to both the couple’s needs and the resort’s successful operation while providing excellent service
- Conduct all site visit and follow up with the potential client to secure the business.
- Worked closely with Director of Marketing and Sales and Director of Sales to optimize schedule and business options.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, continually seeking opportunities from unique resources such as wedding professional associations, bloggers and influencers, vendors and sourcing sites
- Create and expertly execute wedding FAM experiences at resorts to best showcase offerings and grow content for wedding marketing
- Employ excellent communication and listening skills to qualify clients and grow conversion of leads.
- Research, identify, analyze and develop new business opportunities
- Creative use of social media and other research/prospecting tools to reach potential wedding couples and event planning firms
- Manage current accounts / clientele to ensure continued profitability
- Plan and execute sales travel to qualified wedding showcases, industry events, trade shows and resort FAM trips in accordance with the company and property policies
- Expert knowledge of resorts, event space and services accurately and with resort profitability in mind
- Continuously grow knowledge of destinations and infrastructures, allowing for better communication of options and benefits to potential clients
- Prepare accurate proposals, cost estimates and contracts
- Work with accounting department to provide proper documentation to prepare deposit and payment estimates
- Develop new / customized promotions or packages and submit recommendations to the Director of Group Sales for review and approval
- Share important client information to all applicable departments / staff on site and contract turnovers
- Develop strong, mutually beneficial partnership with local and state vendors to enhance wedding and optimize revenues.
- Provide consistent reporting as requested, including annual Strategic Sales Plan for weddings market
- Participate in Sales / Marketing/Operational meetings
- Maintain flexible schedule including weekends, evening and early morning hours and holidays, modifying hours as needed to ensure best sales efforts
- Work closely with banquets and Conference Service team to ensure proper service and coverage
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: none
Supervision Received: Director Marketing and Sales
Responsibility & Authority:
- Deal effectively with departments and maintain regular communication
- Ensure that weddings / guests have a positive experience, taking necessary steps to correct deficiencies
- Negotiate room blocks, room rates, function space, food and beverage prices, and resort services within approved departmental booking guidelines
- Confirm in writing to the client and all affected resort departments all group requirements via group sales contract
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; or equivalent related work related experience. Minimum 5 years wedding/catering sales experience in a high-end venue and/or full-service hotel/resort. Must practice superior sales skills that result in closing of sales and ensures building and maintaining of professional business relations. Must have proven track record for anticipating and following through on leads to maximize sales. Ability to problem solve and follow through to ensure client needs/expectations are exceeded. Must have strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with ease. Computer skills required. Ability to travel, and project a professional self-image. Must have the ability to work productively with internal sales staff and other operating departments. Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions to immediate supervisor. Strong guest and team member relations skills. Strong ability to adapt to change.
10% walking and standing
Lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs.
Hearing and manual dexterity
Distance vision 1-3 feet
Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Ability to drive a car/golf cart