Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE- Per diem/as needed
at Elliot Health System
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 26654
Manchester and Londonderry, NH
Work Hours: per diem, as needed
per diem, as needed. This role will cover our Manhester and Londonderry office
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Under the general direction of the Chief Radiation Therapist/Manager and direct supervision of the Office Coordinator, is responsible for all facets of front desk operations, including greeting patients, answering phones, scheduling appointments, and entering information into both the hospital and department electronic medical record.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets, registers and "arrives" patient into the department and hospital data management systems.
- Verifies demographic and insurance information; scans insurance card.
- Obtains patient signatures on required hospital forms and routes appropriately.
- Receives incoming telephone calls; responds to calls and visitors while determining the urgency of the situation; triages and/or takes messages.
- Enters patient registration, referral information and appointments into the the department EMR.
- Requests medical records from referring facilities for new patient appointments according to the departmental intake sheet. Follows through on missing documents.
- Reviews and sorts patient records coming into the department via fax and prepares for nursing review.
- Sorts mail and delivers to the appropriate staff.
- Follows the department process for logging in and out imaging studies.
- Confirms patient appointments.
- Scans and approves patient records into the department EMR.
- Responsible for the general appearance of the patient waiting area including maintaining refreshments and supplies.
- Assists with the scheduling of ancillary patient appointments.
- Interacts and communicates with patients, families and coworkers to ensure effective coordination of patient care.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees to office functions, shares pertinent information and effectively teaches others to perform tasks accurately and effectively.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Superior customer service skills and professional etiquette
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task in complex situations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems independently or as part of a team
- Knowledge of and compliance with confidentiality guidelines and EHS policy and procedures
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Ability to perform routine or repetitive duties.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Medical Terminology preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a health care setting performing similar work activities including patient registration, pre-registration, or insurance verification or equivalent office/customer service experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Software/Hardware: Computer, telephone fax machine, EPIC experience preferred
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Schedule: Monday through Friday day shift.
- Other: Flexibility to cover increased patient volume that may require extended schedules.