Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
at Elliot Health System
9 A - 9:30 P
Work Hours: per diem, shifts between 9:00am-9:30pm, including weekends
This is a per diem position. Shifts between 9:00am-9:30pm, including weekends.
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Performs a variety of customer services duties in support of the Laboratory; including providing patient results/test requirements, application monitoring, dispatching, troubleshooting, and answering incoming calls from clients and patients.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for answering incoming calls on multi-line phones. Familiar with the collection process for many special tests (e.g. glucose tolerance, urine and other body fluid collection). Ability to answers to inquiries from patients, clients and providers or to connect them with other staff for appropriate responses.
- Responsible for learning and using Sunquest and Misys for entering orders and retrieving results, Epic to enter orders, OnBase for scanning or retrieving paper requisitions, RBR to track requisitions,
- Responsible for calling and documenting stat and critical results. Knowledgeable about how to page providers after hours, using both the on-call software, as well as through office call centers. Report HIPAA disclosures to medical records for all reportable results.
- Responsible for dispatching the appropriate couriers, either electronically or via telephone, when clients request specimens to be picked up, as well as appropriately documenting the pickup. Also responsible for documenting and dispatching, or scheduling, the appropriate phlebotomist when phlebotomy requests are called in to the Laboratory.
- Responsible for printing Client Service Issues (CSI) worksheet several times per day and researching/answering issues on that sheet. In order to resolve assigned CSI’s many times providers/patients need to be contacted. Responsible for appropriate follow-up documentation in Microsoft Access.
- Responsible for monitoring the Requisition Based Reporting (RBR) printer, troubleshooting when there is an issue, and re queuing results as necessary.
- Responsibilities include scanning reference lab, pathology, and newborn screening results into patient charts in a timely manner.
- Greet and direct patients that arrive at the main laboratory. Answer questions, as appropriate and receive samples. Release patient results, as requested, ensuring appropriate documentation is obtained.
- Responsible for entering all orders received via telephone and/or fax in the appropriate program, based on ordering provider.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works calmly and accurately in stressful situations.
- Ability to plan and perform a wide variety of duties requiring general knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in typing and software application.
- Knowledge of medical terminology highly desired.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: One (1) to three (3) years clerical experience required. Medical office background preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Software/Hardware: N/A
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS