Dole Food Company, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant District Sales Manager
at Dole Food Company, Inc
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Responsible for administrative duties as they relate to assigned customers including credits, collections, claims, reporting and negotiating credits.
Assists the District Manager in managing sales in order to achieve volume and revenue goals and provides customer support for assigned customers within the region.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Assists the DSM in achieving budgeted sales goals (volume, price, revenue) in the assigned district.
- Maintains daily contact with customers/carriers to respond to their issues and problems to keep positive customer relationships.
- Plans and estimates customer’s volume/price requirements for 3 week estimates
- Prepares reports on the competition and market conditions as to the supply and demand and present to DSM.
- Conducts retail store audits according to the established schedule.
- Responsible for ordering point of sale material.
- Assist in new store openings, promotions, food shows and customer events.
- Prepares sales presentations on weekly market checks / quality reports of Dole bananas and pineapples, market conditions and the competition.
- Responsible for calling accounts for pre-orders.
- Manages customers’ web-based order entry systems (i.e. iTrade, Foodlink, OneWorld, etc.)
- Assist the DSM by entering Requests for Credit (RFC)/Requests for Debit (RFD) for assigned accounts and collect overdue accounts.
- Creates sales orders for customers, assign carriers, and manage daily changes.
- Responsible for proper pricing on invoices.
- Assist the DSM in the development of customer's category management projects.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skill And Experience Requirements)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Dole’s products, customers and industry.
- Analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
- Planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Customer focus
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
External: Retail and wholesale customers
Internal: Accounting, Quality, Ports, Transportation, Warehousing and Technical Services departments
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS(Business, Marketing, Agriculture a plus).
- Prefer experience in the produce industry
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in produce or perishable products sales
- Ability to sit and use a computer for an extended periods of time; ability to answer calls, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 25lbs. and reach overhead.
- Up to 25%
- Domestic and International travel will be required
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.