Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Representative, Curiosity Cruiser (PT Term)
at Denver Museum of Nature & Science
This is a part time term position working 20 hours a week from February to December 31, 2020.
There has never been a more exciting time to work for the Museum, and in this position you will be on the forefront of bringing the Museum’s brand new mobile experience into the community!
Introducing the Curiosity Cruiser, your friendly neighborhood museum on wheels! The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is hitting the road in a pop-up vehicle, stocked inside and out with fun activities for some on-the-go wonder for all ages.
You will be directly responsible for corporate and private sales of the Museum’s brand new Curiosity Cruiser experience! You will work to meet or exceed specific and aggressive revenue/sales goals while forging new or strengthening existing relationships the Museum has with its customers.
To learn more about the Curiosity Cruiser, please visit: https://www.dmns.org/visit/in-the-community/curiosity-cruiser/
- Actively sells the Museum's Curiosity Cruiser to private and corporate customers
- Researches and contacts new prospects to promote Curiosity Cruiser with the goal of confirmed bookings in 2020.
- Secures bookings and collaborates with the Curiosity Cruiser team to ensure the Cruiser’s schedule is maximized.
- Works with the Director and Museum colleagues to strategize on identifying leads, how to approach potential customers, making face to face solicitations and conducting personalized outreach.
- Community outreach to encourage participation in event from new companies, organizations, or individuals.
- Responds to all customer inquiries in a timely, professional and engaging manner and provides exceptional customer service.
- Documents contacts, conversations, activities and results in database(s) and follows-up with customers as needed.
- Sells a minimum of 30 Curiosity Cruiser bookings per-year and achieves the associated revenue goal of $65,000.
- Represents the Museum in a professional and positive way through all interactions.
- Represents the Museum and the Curiosity Cruiser at Museum/Community events.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years’ corporate sales and/or customer service experience required.
- 1 years' experience working on a project team to accomplish a major revenue goal required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
Ideal candidate will be:
- Self-starter who is ambitious, goal-oriented, persistent, thorough and hungry to succeed
- Empathetic, curious and a talented listener
- Confident, resilient and patient
- Adaptable, flexible and able to multi-task
- Committed, independent and a lover of networking
- Knowledge of databases such as The Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce
- 1 years’ experience of project management
Perks of working at DMNS Include: ?
Free Museum admission vouchers
Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
Free RTD ECO pass
Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
On-site activities (run club, yoga, Spanish language)
American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
And many more!
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, February 24, 2020. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.