Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Membership Sales Associate I - PT
at Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Can you talk to a stranger while standing under a dinosaur? Not everyone can! But if you can, we would love to have you join our Membership Team.
We are looking for 2 Sales Associates to have face-to-face conversations with guests as they come to the museum. You will work closely with our Guest Service team and the Museum Volunteers to help greet customers and answer any questions they may have.
You will be joining a successful organization with one of the largest paid membership programs of any Natural History Museum or Science Center in the United States. Our Sales Associates are a critical piece in the ongoing success of the membership program.
We hope you will apply!
- Promotes membership to guests who come to the Museum
- Available to work during high visitation times including weekends and holidays
- Greets customers and answers questions in a timely, professional and engaging manner
- Assists members in completing membership applications to facilitate membership sales
- Maintains on average a minimum of 8 membership sales a day, per work schedule
- Represents Membership programs at members-only events as well as Museum/Community events
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 6 months sales and customer service experience required
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed required
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
Ideal candidate will be:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Calm, professional manner
- Able to work with the public
- Forms strong working relationships with front-of-house staff and volunteers
Perks of working at DMNS Include: ?
Free Museum admission vouchers
Free access to Museum exhibits, IMAX, and Gates Planetarium
Free local admission to The Denver Zoo, The Denver Art Museum, The Denver Botanic Gardens, and Fort Collins Museum of Discovery
Free RTD ECO pass
Alternative transportation (ECOmmute) rewards program
On-site activities (run club, yoga, Spanish language)
American Alliance of Museums Membership (AAM)
And many more!
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in the continued success of the Museum, with 450+ full-time and part-time employees and more than 1,800 volunteers. We are building on our already solid foundation with a strong vision and solid strategy to recreate and redefine how we engage our community that loves, understands, and protects our natural world.
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is the Rocky Mountain region’s leading resource for informal science education. Located in the heart of Denver City Park, and neighbor to the Denver Zoo, the Museum offers a variety of exhibitions, programs, and activities help Museum visitors experience the natural wonders of Colorado, Earth, and the universe. More than 300,000 students and teachers are served by Museum each year. The Museum houses nearly 4.1 million artifacts and specimens in its collections from around the world.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by February 17, 2020. Resumes will not be accepted after this time.
Applications will only be accepted electronically via the Museum’s website www.dmns.org.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
The Museum is committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff to serve the needs of our visitors. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.