Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Territory Sales Representative - Santa Maria
at Crystal Creamery
Territory Sales Representative - Santa Maria
Crystal Creamery is looking for a Sales Representative for the Santa Maria Area. This position has a primary role in pursuing new and maintaining current sales accounts within the company. The role focuses on increasing sales in new and existing accounts. It is a primary focus to secure and maintain accounts by demonstrating the value of selling the full line of product offerings by Crystal Creamery. The Sales Representative role is positioned to accomplish this through creating and driving promotional activity, identifying customer needs and recognizing how to address the fluid and changing landscape of the sales position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Maintain positive working relationships with existing customers and acquire new account relationships
· Respond to customer concerns and resolve issues effectively and efficiently through coordination with related parties and distributors
· Identify and solicit new business through various forms of communication and solicitation
· Identify customer needs and identify the ways Crystal Creamery can meet them
· Serve as a resource to customers for topics related to the dairy industry
· Support and work with distributors to strengthen relationships and expand their business
· Coordinate continued contact with all accounts of retail customers
· Champion marketing and advertising space within local territory through newspaper advertisements and promotions
· Audit store rebates, review rebate information and confirm product amounts in accordance with advertised prices and details
· Target new business accounts by locating prospects, identifying their particular needs and securing new relationships
· Act as a guidance partner to distributors to maintain their competitive edge in the changing landscape of dairy distribution
· Review, analyze and prepare sales reports consisting of customer sales and trends
· Audit store products to investigate product sales, proper product placement and competitive advantages
· Daily decisions regarding pricing levels in relationship to other market prices to ensure accounts are secured for the company and prices remain competitive
· Close understanding of the business and current price and product trends in order to make effective decisions through knowledge of current competition and customer needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Extremely effective communication and interpersonal skills when relating to making sales, customer service, and solving problems
· Ability to efficiently manage time and simultaneous goals and objectives through prioritization and organization of weekly schedules and accounts
· Flexibility in working schedule and comfort level in changing daily routines to meet customer needs or schedules
· Ability to make decisions independently regarding the competitive pricing of customer accounts and customer satisfaction through partnership when appropriate
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office and an ability to learn company specific computer programs quickly
· Ability to gain the commitment and cooperation of peers to problem solve without having direct authority over individuals involved in problem solving situations
· Ability to work effectively through mobile computer work, availability to work from a home office area
· Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to cooperate with multiple parties
· Ability to work effectively over the phone for large amounts of time
· Ability and comfort with the flexibility within a fluid sales environment.
· Position requires incumbent to have ability to embrace new programs, procedures and policy through company’s commitment to remaining competitive, efficient and effective.
· Ability to continually acquire new accounts and reach yearly goals with new achievements annually
· Position involves traveling to locations including some overnight travel
· Knowledge or familiarity with working in role which requires travel and large portions of work completed through the computer and phone
· Ability to learn sales territory in detail to act as a knowledgeable resource for the dairy sales business in the area
Crystal Creamery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified women, minorities and US military veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply please visit www.crystalcreamery.com click on careers and job openings.