Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Account Manager – RF, Wolfspeed Materials
at Creegan + D'Angelo Infrastructure Engineers
- Requisition ID
- Category (Portal Searching)
The Senior Account Manager – RF, Wolfspeed Materials is primarily responsible for leading field sales with key customer accounts and drive new business opportunities with a goal of rapid business expansion in RF/Wireless materials. Focus is to provide customer input and commercial voice for product marketing and the operating groups to drive leading responsiveness to a global customer base. This individual will leverage relationships, technical application expertise, sales analytics tools, product introduction initiatives and market programs to identify and drive growth opportunities for RF/Wireless materials.
General Position Description
High-purity semi-insulating bare silicon carbide (SiC) wafers and gallium nitride (GaN) epitaxial technology are the core for advanced device designs for both RF and Wireless applications for 5G cellular infrastructure, aerospace, military and defense purposes. This position requires a candidate with the creativity, vision and detail to breakdown and match customer requirements with internal product capabilities and find new and innovative ways to solve problems. The right candidate could have a significant impact in the growth, performance, and market position of Wolfspeed Materials. The position interacts directly with the RF/Wireless device design and fabrication companies in the industry, product managers, our materials team, and operations personnel to deliver the right products to the right customer at the right time.
- Actively manage the RF/Wireless materials growth segment and key accounts with purpose to expand sales activity through new opportunity development.
- Drive and close business opportunities in conjunction with field sales resources and channel partners such as assigned agent/distributor groups.
- Generate and maintain a key sales metrics dashboard including tracking quotations and key pipeline activities.
- Assist in identification and planning of industry relevant events such as tradeshows, technical conferences and customer events on a global scale.
- Provide detailed feedback to product managers on relevant market data, website information, and competitive intelligence.
- Provide technical support as warranted by the customer to assist design-in developments or resolving technical issues, involve the broader organization for alignment.
- This role will include communication, quotation and price coordination, order approval, coordination of strategic business discussions and relationship building.
- Manage key customer and Cree data portal activity.
- Manage through quality issues with customers and synchronize with internal organization
- Communicate market trends and direction from voice of customer and publication review
- Work with product managers on product specifications for special business opportunities
- Distribution of sales tools, application notes and/or technical guidelines
- Field and customer training, establish ongoing methodology and processes
- Align product pricing strategies with competitive market dynamics and internal financial targets
- Demonstrated sales, business development, or product management skills in a technical product area.
- Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience within a technical business field
- Excellent computer skills to effectively track leads, and to prepare sales data and forecasts. Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and forecasting tools.
- Effective communication skills both externally and internally to develop strong relations with customers, partners, peers and Cree marketing and operational teams.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time and multiple priorities
- Able to develop and translate strategic direction into meaningful tactical action plans
- Ability and desire to grow into increased roles and responsibilities in field sales and marketing
- Willingness to travel regularly, including internationally as necessary
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Strong analytical skills and experience
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Material Science, or similar technical degree or strong technical aptitude
- Advanced degree such as MBA, MS, etc. preferred
- Experience in semiconductor or electronics industry in a commercial role (sales/marketing, product engineer, applications, etc.)
- Knowledge of wide bandgap semiconductors, particularly GaN HEMTs, for use in RF/Wireless applications
- Practical use and implementation of Salesforce.com
- Planning and forecast skills with knowledge of account development strategies.
- Work well in a dynamic, fast changing environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimum supervision
- Experience supporting customers, direct sales and distribution sales partners
- Knowledge of cellular infrastructure, aerospace, military, and defense RF/wireless applications
Note: This position requires the ability to access information regulated by United States export control laws.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.