Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Services Representative
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Workforce Solutions - Tucson, AZ
The Business Services Representatives will provide workforce development services to assist low income individuals improve their employment, economic, education, and social conditions. Under the direction of the Director of Workforce Solutions, the Business Services Representative provides work force case management services, directs job readiness and employment activities for the Workforce Solutions Program.
Ability to work with culturally diverse population.
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Social Science, Human Resource or related field with two years of experience in employment and training programs. Other combinations of experience and/or education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred. Must have dependable transportation. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Plans, organizes, and directs and implements workforce development activities.
- Assess the needs of the participant, their past work history, educational background, skills and knowledge to execute an employment plan.
- Assists participant with resume preparation, filling out online applications, and set-up of personal email accounts, coordinates participant’s job interviews, and follows-up with employers.
- Provides Job Readiness Workshops to assist participants acquire skills for obtaining and maintaining employment
- Counsels participants so that they can obtain and retain their jobs.
- Identifies the field of employment to be developed for each participant
- Coordinates with employers to provide job development and placement services
- Creates employer partnerships by traveling and meeting with new employers, touring their facilities to establish linkages with personnel departments for possible partnerships
- Recruits businesses to hold at least one on-site recruitment or holds one job fair per month
- Demonstrates superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation and efficiency.
- Places participants in subsidized employment in Maricopa County
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Workforce Solutions. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.