City of Loveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Specialist - Economic Development
at City of Loveland
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, coordinates and implements a business retention and expansion program, aligned with the Economic Development Department Strategic Plan.
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of department processes for prospect tracking, business intake and economic impact analysis, and competing and awarding business development opportunities within the guidelines of the City of Loveland’s procurement policies.
- Co-manages the City’s investment in partner agencies and programs by developing and maintaining productive partner relationships including representing the City on agency boards and committees.
- Responds and provides follow-through to business and developer prospect calls and inquiries by conducting research, coordinating with other City Departments, creating proposals and making presentations.
- Assists with marketing activities, marketing collateral materials and standalone website for the department.
- Represents the City and Economic Development Department at networking, business and community events, industry conferences leveraging opportunities to market Loveland.
- Maintains effective partnerships with City departments representing local business concerns during the review and permitting processes.
- Responsible for project management of Loveland business client’s expansions; to include but not limited to; attending concept reviews, completing incentive analysis, City Council presentations.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of economic development concepts and practices including current developments, trends and technologies within the field.
- Working knowledge of real estate development concepts, along with planning and zoning practices.
- Strong analytical abilities including risk/benefit analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, priorities, project budgets and to communicate project status to involved parties.
- Knowledge of, or aptitude to learn current trends and best practices in the use of traditional, electronic and social media advertising, marketing and other public relations tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other City departments, community organizations, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a varied audience.
- Knowledge of data sources including QCEW and Census among others.
- Ability to distill information and understand local and regional trends.
- Working knowledge of functional software including e-mail, calendar, word processing, and presentation. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software
Accountability, Collaboration, Service, Courtesy and kindness, Innovation, Integrity, Safety
Job specific competencies:
Technical Knowledge, Action Oriented, Poise/Professionalism, Impact & Influence, Independence, Community Relations
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Planning, Real Estate, Marketing or other related field required. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for education requirement on a year-for-year basis. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in economic development, redevelopment or planning required; must be in addition to any experience used to satisfy the education requirement.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Material and equipment directly used:
Personal computer and various software programs, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator, fax machine
Working conditions and physical requirements:
Work is generally performed in an office environment that may require sitting for extended periods of time, with some standing, kneeling, bending, reaching and stooping. Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A driving record and criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.
In the attachment section of the application, please provide a brief writing sample, no longer than two pages, of your project summaries, project briefings, memorandum and/or press releases.