Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Catering Sales Manager
at Centerplate, inc.
- 13-Sep-2019 to 18-Nov-2019 (PST)
- Las Vegas Convention Center
- Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Full-Time Salary Year Round
Centerplate, powered by Sodexo, is the new, exclusive provider of Hospitality, Food and Beverage services for the Las Vegas Convention Center. The Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC), located adjacent to the Las Vegas Strip, encompasses approximately 3.2 million square feet with exhibit space of 2 million square feet and meeting space of nearly 250,000 square feet. The facility is one of the busiest centers in the world - centrally located within three miles of over 100,000 guest rooms.
Centerplate and our partner venues have been defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality, expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom. As the pioneer and leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable. "Making it better to be there since 1929."TM
The Sr. Catering Sales position is found within larger Centerplate venues, typically Tier 1 Convention Centers, with a high volume of and significant revenue stream.
The Assistant Director of Sr. Catering Sales Manager will typically manage a team of one or more Catering Sales Managers and or/Coordinators. They are responsible for directing, selling, up-selling and actively participating in group sales Working closely with clients, as well as with the operations staff, they are responsible for ensuring that groups are coordinated and executed smoothly and in accordance with client expectations and specifications.
The Sr. Catering Sales Manager will focus on the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives contained within the unit's annual marketing plan. He or she will direct and manage the Catering Sales team and all sales activities to meet revenue objectives and attain the top line financial forecast. This includes developing sales with existing business (forecasted group/local business) and executing strategies to develop new business.
The Sr. Catering Sales Manager, will support the planning of and preparation for events according to anticipated attendance, and will provide hands-on management and oversight in the areas of service during events.
- Maximize Centerplate's catering revenue through creative sales techniques and customer focus.
- Communicate and promote Centerplate's culture and values; Provide hands-on leadership and direction to Catering Sales staff.
- Contribute to the efficient operation of assigned unit by partnering with operations in providing support, information, insight, analysis and recommendations in matters pertaining guest service, menu development, creative event planning, revenue generation and other functions pertaining to Catering Sales.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of organizational, HR and general business strategies.
- Contribute to goal of making Centerplate #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelors degree in business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
- 5-7 years of sales experience, with at least 3-5 years in a senior management role.
- Prior experience in a similar venue with more than $10M in food and beverage sales.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with proven track record for generating revenue growth.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience.
- Must possess strong knowledge of financials, operations procedures, controls and administration, as well as awareness and ability to perform all sales-related functions.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Centerplate is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.