Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Business Development Representative
at Cengage Learning
- Requisition ID
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
As a member of the Professional sales team, you will arrange, construct, and implement selling strategies for a defined print and digital product to attain established sales targets and goals within an assigned sales territory. Sales activities will be conducted in coordination with sales management. You will build connections with decision makers, represent and endorse assigned Cengage products to customers, and provide post-sales support as needed to drive sell-through, digital activations, and usage.
What You'll Do Here:
You will plan, coordinate, and prioritize sales strategies to achieve ambitious sales targets:
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Be responsible for educating and developing prospects leading to hand-off to sales teams
- Build target prospects lists and penetrate key accounts
- Cold call into prospects generated by a variety of outside sources
- Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
- Set appointments for sales team when a lead reaches a qualified stage
- Nurture new marketing leads by prospects until they are ready to speak with an Account Manager
- Drive attendance for webinars and live seminars, set meetings for conferences
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members on strategic sales approach
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently in order to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear, straightforward and professional manner
- 1+ year of successful experience in telemarketing, preferably in sales
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic phone presence
- Extremely self-motivated with a diligent work ethic
- High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Adept computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required