CCI Health & Wellness Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Representative - Takoma Park
at CCI Health & Wellness Services
- 15-Jul-2019 to 13-Sep-2019 (EST)
- Takoma Park, MD, USA
- Full Time
CCI Health & Wellness Services empowers patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. We deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life providing services to the medically under-served at 14 sites in Montgomery and northern Prince George's counties. Our services include primary care, behavioral health, dental, adolescent health, HIV and infectious disease testing and treatment, prenatal, and family planning. CCI Health & Wellness Services is also the largest provider of WIC services in the state of Maryland.
We are seeking a Patient Representative at our Takoma Park site to act as the initial point of contact by greeting guests, checking- in and check-out of patients, answering phones, directing guests to appropriate personnel, insurance verifications, scheduling appointments, copying, and creating patient accounts. S/He will assure that high quality; cost efficient, culturally sensitive services comply with all Federal, State and Local agency policies. Being bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
* Checks patients in as they enter the center
* Notifies appropriate personnel of patient's arrival and secures patients medical record.
* Makes and assists in scheduling return appointments, confirming the patient's demographics and updating computer system as necessary. Delivers patient care instructions.
* Calls patients to remind them of scheduled visits.
* Performs other clerical support functions: scanning, scheduling and documentation of appointments or referrals, completes medical record release forms. Prints provider schedules.
* Monitors status of reception areas. Alerts clinical staff of unusually long wait times, and obtains assistance for any unusual situations that may occur.
* Process bills and collections.
* Exhibits and promotes a standard of excellence in the performance of all duties and interactions with patients, co-workers and outside contacts.
* Work with various programs such as dental, family planning, behavioral health and follow the policies and procedures, workflows and/or guidelines.
* Minimum High School diploma. AA or BS degree preferred.
* Minimum of one year of work experience in a medical setting
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in person or over the phone.
* Computer skills required.
* Superior customer service skills required.
* Bilingual preferred