Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District Sales Representative (Elkhart, Indiana)
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for a District Sales Manager to support our growing Expanded Polystyrene Systems (EPS) Division. This sales position will work out of a home office to maintain relationships with existing clients and generate new business in the Western Indiana, Northern Illinois, SW Wisconsin territory.
- Identify and close on new EPS business and increase current sales within the industrial and building materials industry, packaging industry and related fields.
- Develop and grow the business to expand the reach of our sales opportunities and provide additional personnel selling our expanded polystyrene products
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate and division goals
- Prepare periodic sales reports to track sales volume, potential sales, and client base expansion
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote our products
- Advise dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related technical discipline
- 2+ years of successful business to business sales experience developing new business and managing accounts
- Experience with industrial and/or building materials is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a variety of customers at all levels of an organization via in-person, telephone, and internet/email conversations
- Must have basic computer skills with MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment while effectively planning and managing multiple tasks
- Ability to travel to support the assigned territory (Avg. 10 overnights per month)
No agencies or phone calls
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic