Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager, Chemicals
at Carpenter Co.
The Chemicals Division of Carpenter Co is adding a professional Account Manager to maintain and grow our business. The incumbent will collaborate with Peers, Technical teams, Customer Service and Corporate functions in pursuit of delighting the customer with world class service and chemical products. This position requires a highly motivated, self-starter to build and maintain strong relationships while building profitable and sustainable business for the Company.
Keys to success are treating co-workers with respect at all times, effective time management and follow-through, excellent interpersonal skills with professional written and verbal communication and the desire to succeed in a team environment.
- This position reports to the National Sales Manager and will have responsibility for both direct accounts and several nationwide distributors, covering a geography of most of the USA.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, managing and overseeing the company’s overall sales strategy within the territory.
- Responsible for generating new business by contacting prospects and qualifying accounts
- In cooperation with Sales Manager and peers, develop plans for new business development including commercial/technical presentations as well as coordination of development & qualification projects.
- Responsible for commercial negotiations including pricing, terms and contracts.
- Responsible for developing good working relationships at all levels within Carpenter and the customer.
- Responsible for treating co-workers and customers with respect at all times.
- Responsible for management and follow-through for any customer supply issues
- Weekly call reports, Expense reports, Memos completed accurately, professionally and on-time.
Skill / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration or other related major
- 5+ years of success in technical sales role or equivalent experience in the chemicals industry
- Prior chemical sales experience required
- Polyurethanes experience is preferred
- Professional communication and proven success building customer relationships
- Interest in learning, advancement and in growing with the company
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.