Canyon State Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Manager - Phoenix, Arizona
at Canyon State Credit Union
Are you looking for an opportunity let your skills shine? Come join the team at Canyon State Credit Union! We aren't so small that growth opportunities are scarce and we aren't so big that you'll get lost in the shuffle. With only 70 employees, we are able to offer similar products and services as our larger competitors, but on a more personalized scale, both with our members and our employees. This approach provides our employees the opportunity to get involved in the organization in a way they may not be able to, in the corporate world. At Canyon State Credit Union, we value the contributions of our employees and actively look for ways to be collaborative, within all levels of the organization. Here, you will have the opportunity to roll up your shirtsleeves, put your unique skills to work, and have a voice in developing your role from the ground up.
As a Branch Manager you will:
- Ensure branch exceeds service expectations by empowering employees and maintaining a work environment which instills motivation, teamwork, and enterprising attitudes. Direct and oversee floor management activities ensuring an overall positive member experience.
- Oversee all aspects of the branch operation including supervision of staff, hiring, disciplinary actions, and evaluating performance.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions with direct reports and develop individual plans for training, improvement, growth, and/or career progression.
- Establish, promote and meet branch sales, performance and operational initiatives. Track, document, and communicate progress in relation to established goals. Promote additional products and services that will enhance value.
- Participate in community events and build relationships with select employee groups to increase membership and meet strategic objectives. Visit surrounding businesses and represent the organization at communication meetings and various functions. Follow up on all leads.
- Work interactively with other team members to promote unity and consistency of operations within the organization. Work with other team members towards the attainment of branch/department/organizational goals, in addition to their personal/professional goals.
- Responsible for the security and accountability of all branch items. Control cash, bank checks and other negotiable items. Supervises all internal control and operational requirements including cash audits, correspondence, files and records. Establishes internal security procedures in accordance with directives set forth by the Vice President of Retail Banking and Security Officer.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following competencies:
Technologically Astute Demonstrates the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions.
Results Orientation Is keenly aware of personal, team, departmental and company wide goals and is able to prioritize work to achieve funding goals. Demonstrates the ability to excel in a high stress environment and is able to meet goals and deadlines.
Service - Demonstrates an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways employees can easily understand. Demonstrates patience, respect and empathy when dealing with employees or their complaints. Personifies CSCU's role as a Trusted Advisor.
Initiative Motivated self-starter who measure self against standards of excellence. Actively and consistently seeks qualified opportunities to increase loan volume and residual product penetration.
Accountability Demonstrates responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed.
Effective Communicator Persuasive and confident. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways employees and members can easily understand.
Teamwork Builds rapport with fellow teammates and credit union staff.
- Requires two years of college, Associates degree preferred, or equivalent education and work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of financial institution experience, 2 years of which must have been in a manager/supervisor role.
- Professional well developed interpersonal skills essential for providing great service and projecting a positive image as representative for the organization. Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Requires sound and accurate judgment. Displays a willingness to make decisions in a timely manner, usually within established guidelines. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and can support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Requires excellent interviewing and interpersonal skills, ability to listen to client needs and promote appropriate products and services.
- Knowledge of consumer lending and account opening and closing required.
- Knowledge of PC applications including Word and Excel required. Experience with automated core banking system preferred. Experience utilizing smart phone and tablet applications preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.)
Join a winning team and a dedicated Credit Union!!! We have been offering quality financial service to members and their families since 1951. As a credit union, we are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, which means we operate to serve our member-owners. This makes us quite different from other financial institutions. Since 1951, we have focused on building lifetime relationships by continually expanding our products and services while emphasizing financial security, quality, and convenience in an environment that values and respects members, employees, and business partners.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.