Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRIVATE DINING SALES MANAGER - OCEAN PRIME PHILADELPHIA
at Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Summary: It is the responsibility of a Private Dining Sales Manager to lead the charge for all facets of private dining, as well as, the marketing of the restaurant. This includes the responsibility of selling private rooms, hosting large events, giving guests an exceptional experience, increasing private dining sales and increasing awareness through various local marketing methods.
We believe in putting our associates first! Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, holidays off, an extensive benefits package including medical, vision and dental, 401K plan, life insurance, paid vacation/personal days/sick days and future growth opportunities within the company.
Essential Responsibilities: include the following and other responsibilities that may be assigned:
- Adheres to standards of professional appearance, personal cleanliness, and proper uniform. Displays confidence and a friendly disposition at all times.
- Maintains, supports, and promotes CMR Culture and philosophies.
- Schedule venue tours and answer questions regarding menu and restaurant details with high professionalism.
- Utilize OpenTable for your parties’ reservations and accurately enter all relevant information for the event
- Utilize TripleSeat to secure your bookings, create and send contracts and banquet event orders.
- Create kitchen sheets from TripleSeat and communicate them to management team. Sheets c
- Communicate with managers, chefs, bartenders, guest services, and both FOH and HOH associates to ensure a successful event.
- Customize menus for the party by adding special logos or headers. Create a packet with the menus, a large party consolidation sheet, signed contract and credit card authorizations.
- Meet with the associates on the party for a quick meeting to discuss the details of the event and ensure the room is set properly.
- Greet the host of the event and help with any AV needs.
- The following day print the receipt from Aloha and either fax or email the receipt when required.
- Input sales and financial data from the previous’ days private events into Triple Seat for the ability to create and run reportS
- Make follow up phone calls regarding their experience and thank our guests again for dining with us.
- Organize and distribute brochures, business cards, take away gifts, promotional materials and any off site décor.
- Assist the chef team on off-site events with food service.
- Send introductory material and establish relationships with area businesses.
- Host luncheons/happy hours for party planners, concierges, and city business groups.
- Join city chamber groups and attend networking events.
- Update promotional material on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises all HOH and FOH associates assigned to the event and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hospitality: Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits guest feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- 2. Teamwork: Hospitality, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone’s efforts to succeed, exhibits objectivity and openness to others views
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Participates in training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skill; Shares expertise with others
- Communications: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale; Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound an accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Making timely decisions
- Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making and facilitating; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ actions; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Improves processes, products and services; Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications and decisions; displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals; Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Support organization’s goals and values
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; changes approaches or demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works efficiently
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Initiative: Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent action and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed; Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standards of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals; continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educate others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-Free environment; Builds a diverse workforce
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skill or Ability
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of guests or associates.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of/or experience with point of sale systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer programs.
Create advertisements, correspond with local businesses and Home Office Marketing team for upcoming events and promotions.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Lifting, Pushing, Pulling, Carrying
Up to 50 lbs.
Up to 50 lbs.
Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands or arms
Should be comfortable working between both heat and cold coolers
Noise level is moderate
Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
Ability to effectively present information in on-on-one and small group situations to guests and other associates in the restaurant.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Hours Required: Will vary based on concept and operating hours of the specific location