Cambridge Associates Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development - Private Clients
at Cambridge Associates Inc
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with non-profit institutions, pension plans, and private clients to build investment portfolios that help them meet their philanthropic goals, pensioners’ obligations, or personal endeavours. Our goal is to meet clients wherever they are in the investment process. We offer a variety of services to complement those needs, from acting as an outsourced investment office to providing access to our world- class digital research platform. Committed to independence since our founding more than 40 years ago, we are motivated only by what is best for our clients.
We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in nine locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
Business Development - The Role
The Private Client Business Development team drives and supports the sales, marketing and client relationship management needs of our business. The group is based across our offices to support clients in different regions with EMEA clients served by our London team. As part of a growing team, this exciting role will allow you to work closely with our European Private Client practice to maintain and grow our client base. The BD Analyst will work with the wider Business Development team and the practice to ensure we deliver high quality proposals and presentations whilst contributing to the strategic growth of the business. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter, and has exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as internal and external relationship management building abilities.
- Work collaboratively with investment directors and other members of the business development team to manage the end-to-end business development process. Coordinate workflow and outreach to active prospects in partnership with investment directors
- Preparation of proposals and presentations in conjunction with team members and investment directors for prospects and existing clients
- Develop compelling PowerPoint materials to support meetings and finalist pitches with prospective clients, leveraging content library and preparing custom exhibits and slides
- Liaise with internal teams including Legal & Compliance, Operations, Manager Research, etc., to effectively and efficiently create and maintain content
- Gather and synthesise research on target markets, prospective clients, competitive intelligence, and industry topics and trends
- Assist in managing the private client business development pipeline and the tracking of metrics and trends related to our business development efforts for the practice. Make sure all prospect information is maintained in CRM system
- Build and maintain investment knowledge and show intellectual curiosity
- Work on ad hoc projects when requested
- Some relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite, with emphasis on Excel & PowerPoint and Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritise responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Not essential but preferred:
- Experience writing proposals and creating presentations, ideally from an investment management environment
- Knowledge of private client investment industry and basic investment management principles
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work and result in a more satisfying client experience.