Boar’s Head Brand®
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Channel Business Development Manager, Midwest (Delicatessen Services Co., LLC.)
at Boar’s Head Brand®
Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
Overview:In this role the Channel Sales Development Manager is responsible for planning, executing sales strategy and implementing marketing programs within the Foodservice channels assigned in the Midwest. The core channels assigned to the CSDM are: Commercial: FSR and Non Commercial: B&I, C&U and Healthcare. The CSDM is always available to support distributors pursuing foodservice businesses within selected channels, develops/sustains business relationships within key customers; and ultimately the CSDM has to achieve the goals and targets assigned by his line manager. The candidate should continuously stay updated on the activity of our competitors and ensure that Boar’s Head Brand is properly represented in the foodservice industry.
- Responsible for implementing sales and marketing programs within assigned customers and channels.
- Represent, protect and grow our Brand across selected foodservice channels.
- Participate in the development and implementation of channel marketing plans, including channel assessment, channel communication plans, and product mix prioritization.
- Recommend sales and marketing strategies that improve the effectiveness of the sales approach and help distributors to improve close ratios.
- Develop channel based communication plans to drive internal knowledge, outlining optimal brand strategy, product assortment, and applicable culinary solutions.
- Assist in the direction of the collection of market and competitive data.
- Personally interact with customers to gather information on industry developments and to identify opportunities. Identify market trends. Utilize this data and analysis in the development of marketing strategies.
- Identify self-operated and contracted operators within assigned channels and develop/implement an execution plan based on the capabilities of Boar’s Head and leveraging BH distribution.
- Participates in visits to key strategic accounts and has a prepared itinerary 2 weeks in advance
- Facilitate the distribution relationship for the acquired businesses.
- Set up monthly meeting with line manager to track individual’s performance and analyze progress toward appointed goals.
- Responsible to set-up business reviews and a yearly joint business plan with key customers leveraging the support of the distributor lead and line manager.
- Document Sales activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- In case of appointed National Accounts, the CSDM will require a deeper knowledge of the customer and a more detailed level of information.
- Maintain profiles of all current and prospective customers while maintaining pertinent documents such as memos regarding status meetings with distributors, presentations with customers.
- Create and maintain an environment of partnership and collaboration with distributors and with other departments, to ensure the attainment of overall foodservice goals, and company goals.
- Develop, maintain and expand relationships with key purchase influencers as well as economic buyers.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 year college degree preferred. Culinary or Hotel Restaurant degree preferred
- Non-commercial Foodservice, B2B experience required
- Foodservice industry experience (from either operator, distributor or manufacturer side) is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing and sales management with demonstrated record of achievement and advancement.
- 1 to 3 years of B2B sales experience is preferred
- Strong strategic and tactical business
- Understanding of commercial channels such as: LSR and FSR and non-commercial channels such as: Business and Industry, (B&I), Education (C&U and K12), Healthcare (Hospitals and Senior Living) and their use/need for BH’s products
- Foodservice broadliner and DSD distribution, competition knowledge and understanding of the food cost dynamics
- Knowledge of the given sales segments/channels
- Highly developed analytical skills and problem-solving skills that leverage quantitative and qualitative information sources
- Ability to communicate a potential customer’s needs at a level that generate success.
- Ability to prepare sales presentations tailored to the channel, with strong value propositions associated
- Able to slice products, cook food products and put menu combinations together to aid in the sale process preferred.
- Positive, motivated team player with the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Must demonstrate proven success in developing and implementing dynamic product/market strategies
- Foodservice sales or marketing experience is essential. Channel related sales experience a plus.
- Organizational skills to include time/project management skills and the ability to prioritize projects based on business.
- Able to recognize, analyze, develop solutions and initiate problem solving action with very little information and/or direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, particularly with Distributors, Product Managers, peers and cross functional teams
- Highly motivated self-starter with results orientation
- Work independently and/or with teams
- Up to 50% travel as needed
- Adherence to corporate policies as required
Time Type:Full time
Your future starts here.
Since 1905, Boar’s Head Brand has been the name you can trust for quality products and service. Our mission is to continue to be recognized as the leading provider of exceptional customer service and superior quality delicatessen products. We are committed to continuously improving our time honored traditional processes through the involvement of our dedicated employees.