Barneys New York
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant Event Sales Manager
at Barneys New York
Celebrating our legacy of modern fashion, creativity, individuality, and intrigue by providing every guest with an unparalleled customer experience. We are currently seeking a dynamic Restaurant Event Sales Manager for Freds Restaurant at Barneys New York in San Francisco, CA.
The Restaurant Event Sales Manager is responsible for proactively sourcing new group and private dining business as well as increase re-bookings with existing clients. He/she is responsible for servicing events, develops, implements, and monitors standards of service while coordinating catering activities among staff to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained. The Restaurant Event Sales Manager may also develop and administer budgets, control costs, and assist with sales and marketing. Additional responsibilities also include maximizing revenue by developing new business, monitoring of space productivity, and outstanding client communication (pre and post events). The Restaurant Events and Sales Manager also assists with the overall management of the dining room operation as needed.
Duties & Functions
• Know meeting room sets and capabilities
• Re-solicit past local accounts, generate new business
• Meet or exceed solicitation goals and revenue goals
• Develop menus and agendas, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors and customers
• Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports
• Manage booking space and participate and oversea events.
• Handle inquiry calls and outside sales calls. Follow through to completion of function(s)
• Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for all groups
• Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events
• Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations
• Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner
• Assist the Restaurant Manager with the operations of the dining room
• Work closely with Kitchen to forge unity and consistency with Front of House staff
• Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development
• Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing occupational and good safety.
• Initiate verbal and written communication with customers outlining details and specifics of the event including, but not limited to, payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, and master billing process
• Assist with booking of events, selecting and costing menu items, and pricing as needed through varying software systems.
• Participate in management team meetings.
• Facilitate internal/external customer relations.
• Ensure that appropriate sanitation, organization, and safety standards are met through the use of checklists, hands-on supervision, and follow-up.
• Participate in all catering training programs; help to develop and implement training programs for hourly, part-time employees.
• Directly supervise catering operations including such duties as coordination of staff and rental equipment, set-up, preparation, service, and break down of catered foods, beverages, and events of varying size and
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner
• Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree required. High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Three years of restaurant management experience
• Three years of progressive private dining/or catering management experience
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
• Flexibility in schedule and ability to work days, nights and weekends
• Strong understanding of event logistics and requirements
• Excellent skills regarding leadership development, organizational management, and delegation
• Proficient in Micros POS
Barneys New York offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a generous discount. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Barneys New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.