AZZ Lighting Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Sales Manager - Southeast Region
at AZZ Lighting Systems
Rig-A-Lite: 8500 Hansen Rd, Houston TX 77075
Since 1938, Rig-A-Lite has been manufacturing rugged light fixtures for the most demanding industrial environments. We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager to lead our efforts in the Southeast region.
Position is for the Southeast Region and will cover Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. Ideally the candidate needs to reside within the region.
The Regional Sales Manager will lead the development and execution of an overall sales and channel development strategy in their assigned region to achieve and exceed regional sales targets. They will cultivate strong relationships with target customers, understand all buying influences and develop successful plans to effectively grow regional business. The Regional Sales Manager will also effectively manage the regional sales pipeline utilizing all available resources, including Salesforce CRM and serve as the primary account manager on all large projects including the development of effective, professional and timely proposals. They will also direct the activities of the agent sales representative network, conducting timely reviews as well as recruiting, hiring and training new agents, as required. To the extent that licensing or joint venture arrangements exist in the territory, the Regional Sales Manager will play a key role in the oversight and management of these relationships. This individual must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned)
- Lead company sales and business development efforts in the assigned region.
- Understand and implement effective and consistent selling processes as outlined by the General Manager.
- Create and submit accurate monthly regional sales reports to the General Manager.
- Closely monitor and manage the regional sales pipeline. Effectively leading sales efforts on key projects to drive growth. Ensuring that all Salesforce CRM data is kept up to date and accurate. Developing accurate monthly and quarterly orders forecasts.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify market opportunities.
- Continually analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the independent representative network and distribution channel, including licensees and JV partnerships to optimize results.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated track record of success in the sale of industrial products with a strong track record of results. A minimum of 3 years total sales experience in the sale of lighting or electrical products strongly preferred. Experience managing a network of independent representatives and distributors strongly preferred.
- Understanding of key industrial markets: Oil and Gas, Food Processing, Heavy Industrial, and Water Treatment, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnering relationships with key customer decision makers. Standing relationships with oil and gas and/ or industrial customers a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective customer relationships and to utilize those relationships in order to strategically position an offering for success.
- Capability to analyze and build a top-notch sales channel to maximize sales growth, consistently evaluating the sales agent network and distribution channel, providing feedback, direction and making changes as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively develop accurate sales order forecasts.
- Experience with Miller Heiman selling process or Sales Force CRM a plus.
- Selling/Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups at levels within an organization; can settle differences and reach favorable outcomes with minimum impact to the business; can win concessions without damaging relationships/ can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations/ has a good sense of timing.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline preferred.
Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and work in an industrial field environment.
Must be able to travel up to 75% in support of the business.
Some office with mostly plant/industrial environments.